PDA

View Full Version : Question about shipping to IPC

mbalthaser
05-30-2012, 01:20 PM
For districts, the rules specifically stated what dates print cases needed to arrive at the competition ... however, for IPC I am not seeing any such specifications.... does this mean that the print cases can be shipped at any time?

I am assuming so - since IPC cases appear to be going to PPA headquarters - whereas District cases were going to temporary convention sites.... but if someone could confirm, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you!

Rick_Massarini
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
You're right. Once you've entered, you can send your prints to the IPC. They are shipped to PPA Headquarters so anytime before the deadline is OK - the earlier the better since as they approach the deadline, more print cases arrive and the workload on the PPA staff people gets heavier. The print cases are opened and the cases are stored at PPA headquarters - only the prints, in big roll-around shipping crates that hold about 400 prints in each crate - come to the actual judging site in Lawrenceville. After the judging is over the crates are stored at PPA HQ until the convention in January - after the convention, PPA staff will repack the prints into the shipping cases for return to the makers.

mbalthaser
06-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks so much, Rick -- exactly what I wanted to confirm. Appreciate you taking the time to explain, as well! Thank you.

mbalthaser
06-07-2012, 01:19 AM
I just registered and have my case all ready to go.... however, I did not see anywhere in the registration process, nor did I see in the rules, how to pay to have the case returned to me?

Is the return fee included in the registration fee? For districts I had to pay separately. Do I need to just include a return sticker in the case?

Thanks!

Rick_Massarini
06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Your entry fee includes the shipping to return the case to you - it has to - since there is no option available for you to pick up the case after the judging as you can do at your District judging. Even if you're there working at the judging, you can't pick them up - ALL of the prints go back to PPA headquarters after the judging is over. Just include your return address sticker.

mbalthaser
06-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Excellent! Thanks so much Rick, as always. Entering prints this year (instead of digitals like I did last year) has been a bit of a learning process!

stonestreet
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
so I am curious if the print case doesn't get returned until January -- how do I send my case SWPPA in september - does this mean that I need to have a second case? Thanks francie

Cheri_MacCallum
06-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes, you have to get another case.