PDA

View Full Version : When are results posted?

ItsMagic
05-09-2012, 12:10 AM
As a first time entry, I don't think I saw an indication of when winners would be announced.

Thanks!

Lyn

Rick_Massarini
05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
If you're referring to the scores of the PPA International Photographic Competition (IPC), the results are usually posted following the judging as soon as all of the data has been checked and verified. That can range from a couple of days to a couple of weeks depending on how smoothly things run at the judging and what needs to be manually corrected in the computer. The results have been posted as early as the day after the completion of the judging. Three years ago, the results were posted before I got on the plane to come home from the judging. Last year it took about a week for the PPA IT staff to check everything, make sure that all the results were correct, and get the results posted.
There are only 4 "scores" you can receive at the IPC:
Not Accepted
Accepted General Collection
Accepted General Collection plus inclusion in the PPA Showcase Album.
Accepted into the Loan Collection.

If you're referring to the PPA Grand Imaging Awards, those results will be announced in January 2013 at the convention in Atlanta.

ItsMagic
05-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Where would I find this info?

Rick_Massarini
05-10-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure where it might be published on the website. This information came from me. I have worked at the IPC every year for the last 17 years, so this is from my experience as to when our computer people have gotten the results posted in the past.