PDA

View Full Version : WI 2-day Portrait Lighting Workshop THIS TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

Don_Chick
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Still some openings in this class if you haven't already signed up. PLEASE let us know that you are coming. Go to this link to register:

http://www.donchick.com/education/education.html

Some have asked about things to bring to the workshop. Of course, your camera and notebook. Your own light meter would be good as well as your own laptop if you wish. The host studio says that they have lights, stands, backgrounds and practically any light modifier ever made.

Please bring w/ you something that helps tell the story of YOU...it could be simple as a hat, a leather jacket, your camera, a musical instrument, etc. Don often uses class members as "models". In addition to it being more fun, you could also end up w/ some fabulous new images of yourself for you to use.

Please don't hesitate to email, PM or call w/ any other questions you may have. I'm looking forward to seeing you up in Fond du Lac in a few days.

don@donchick.com

MWatson
05-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I just completed Don's workshop in Missouri. I must say that Don does take the most concern with his students. He looked at each of our photography as he pointed out the strengths and weakness. He asked us just what do you want to learn. Then he preceded to teach just what would be best for us to grow as a photographer. Don loves to teach. I asked him to photograph a model as if she was his client. I then could observe and ask questions as to why. Don's replies are always with great detail. My experience with Don in Missouri was wonderful.

Don_Chick
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I just completed Don's workshop in Missouri. I must say that Don does take the most concern with his students. He looked at each of our photography as he pointed out the strengths and weakness. He asked us just what do you want to learn. Then he preceded to teach just what would be best for us to grow as a photographer. Don loves to teach. I asked him to photograph a model as if she was his client. I then could observe and ask questions as to why. Don's replies are always with great detail. My experience with Don in Missouri was wonderful.

Thank you for the kind words Mike. It was a pleasure to have you in class.

Here's one from the Columbia, MO class of Mike. I like it!!!

http://chickphotography.net/Image/Mike_MO.jpg