PDA

View Full Version : A possible entry - critique requested

jyankey
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I am considering this portrait as a possible entry. I'd love some feedback on whether or not this would make a good entry since this will be my first time :) Thanks!!

Rodney_Ninow
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
It is a lovely portrait, but I am not sure how competition worthy it is. My eye kept going to the very bright white shirt. From watching competitions being judged, I would guess you;ll be marked down for that distracting element. The skin tones also feel off a bit, especially her arms.

jyankey
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Rodney, This was taken in the middle of the day, really bright sunlight...and she is a super pale little girl. If there's doubt, throw it out, right? :)

Rick_Massarini
05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I believe that this image would fall in upper part of the "Average" Category (around 75). The skin tone has a greenish cast,there are distracting bright spots in the background and the white of the shirt is bright and distracting. It is a nice example of a very salable Average Professional portrait of a little girl, but I do not believe that it will go up into the "Deserving of a Merit" range.