PDA

View Full Version : Judging on a monitor

antiuze
05-02-2012, 06:28 AM
HOW DO JUDGES VIEW ELECTRONIC IMAGES? Physical prints are on an easel against a black background under lights at a specific color temperature and illumination. Do electronic images come up on a monitor with a black background? Or neutral gray or something?

Presentation wise... electronically... if you crop your image, stroke it, and place it on a canvas... what happens if you choose a BLACK canvas color? On my monitor it just looks like a smaller image floating in space. I had a sepia image that thankfully scored an 81 at the Northeast Regional. At the last minute before submitting, I changed the canvas to a dark brown color to make sure the judges could see the edge of my "presentation".

Electronically... will a black canvas just "merge" with what I assume is a black background on the judging monitor? I guess you could also stroke the outside edge... but not sure if I really want to do that in the future. Thanx.

Rick_Massarini
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
The monitor does not have a black background. It's dark gray. Probably around 75RGB.