PDA

View Full Version : Results of Western District?

Mikkic
04-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Will I know when the competition is over? Do they inform you only if you merit, or is there some kind of a notification that it is over?

Just curious...I certainly don't expect any nods, as it is my first time entering, but I hope to at least see how I scored...O.o

Mikkic
04-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh goodness! I'm sorry! I should have looked around. I found my entries and scores. Not sure if they are good, bad, or ugly...
The first one, "Classy" scored an 80
next "Cosmos" scored 81
Then "Pastel Spring" scored 79
and finally, "Profile of Confidence" scored 78.

Can anyone tell me if these are good scores or bad scores? Should I try again at IPC? Should I reprocess? Should I send them to cyber trash? :o)
Thank you!

Michael_Gan
04-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Your 80 and 81 should have received a seal of approval, which means, you send them to IPC and you will receive automatic merits plus a chance to get them into the loan collection. The other two are really close and have a chance to merit as well (I've had 78s and 79s at western before and they've merited and some actually made loan! Great job!

Mikkic
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Awww....COOL! I am amazed! So what is the highest and lowest score you can get?

So now I just enter them into IPC, or do they go there automatically? I"m sorry for all the Q's, but this whole process is new to me, and I'm not at all familiar with the behind the scenes activity of this (for me) new level of competition. I have only entered little local shows before...
Thank you so much for your help!

Michael_Gan
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
At the regional (such as Western) worthy of a merit images are 80-100. At IPC, the judges vote either thumbs up, or thumbs down for inclusion in the merit category. You have to reenter your prints, but I believe your uploaded images will be forwarded to IPC (or they just reside in the database and just get recalled when you enter). At any rate, read the entry information for IPC.