PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor family questions

dorenes
04-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I just took the exam (crossing fingers) and am deciding on images to submit. While I offer studio portraits, the focus of my business is extended families on location outdoors near sunset. Most of my 6 compulsory images will be studio-lit individuals/couples to demonstrate command of lighting. But I'd like some of the other 9 to include families. Couple of questions.

1) My lighting is usually with sun behind and a touch fill flash on camera - flat lighting to avoid shadows from each other. Is this OK to include some?

2) Since walking and jumping shots on the beach are popular, not something their friends and family can do, I was planning to include 1 or 2 of these. But I was advised these might be construed more as snapshots.

I'd sure appreciate opinions.

Vance_Wagener
04-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Since there are only 9 client images; 2 beach walking pictures would be 22% of your client images. I might select 1 but 2 may make you look redundant. This is one of the pictures I submitted when I made CPP.

Note: I passed under the old rules when we submitted 20 client images for review.

dorenes
04-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Thanks, Vance. Good point!