PDA

View Full Version : SEPPA Competition Question

Derek_Hill
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
I can't remember during the sign up process, and I can't find it on the website, will we get an email or text message once our prints have been scored?

Thanks!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-30-2012, 02:58 PM
No. You will have to wait for the results to be posted in the Competition section of the PPA site. I would start looking for them next Thursday or Friday. At least that's how it's been in the past with other district results.

Good luck!

Derek_Hill
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks!
I wish they would, our state did this year and it was great!

amyebr3
03-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I wish I was there! I hate the waiting!

pweatherington
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Me, too, Amy! :)

Mark_Turner
03-31-2012, 08:54 PM
If they are prints, tell me the names and I'll look for them tomorrow when they hang.

Photor1
04-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I would like to know my EI prints also. Can wait either.
Mark mine are "Ancient Alien Theory" "Shredded" "Stone Aged" "The Dance"
all were Digital entries.
If you can find out that would be great!

Sarah_Johnston
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Emails to each maker would take longer than just posting all the results on the site.

Derek_Hill
04-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know, with each image having to be cataloged digitally, as it was at our state convention as soon as an image was scored, the score was recorded with it and then it was just an automated email system that sent it out.
I know several of the state in the SE have used it.

It also displayed what image was being scored and a leader board of the top images. Its a really cool system.

http://printcompetition.com/

Rick_Massarini
04-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't know, with each image having to be cataloged digitally, as it was at our state convention as soon as an image was scored, the score was recorded with it and then it was just an automated email system that sent it out.
I know several of the state in the SE have used it.

It also displayed what image was being scored and a leader board of the top images. Its a really cool system.

http://printcompetition.com/

That is done on a completely different computer system from the one used for the PPA District and National judgings and with a privately owned program that is supplied by a website design company - Proofcast - I know the owner of the company since he handles our website for PPLA. He is also the person who has created the remote broadcast image scoring and tracking program that we use for our PPLA "Sports Bar" at our judging - an idea that PP of Louisiana started about two years ago and one that is spreading around the country. Proofcast and printcompetition.com are one and the same company run by the same person. The PPA District scoring is done on an entirely different computer system - one that was designed by PPA with the intention of performing certain judging tracking functions, and it can not be readily interfaced with Proofcast's program - plus - Printcompetition.com is a PC based website program while the program that is used to run and track all of the PPA judgings is a Mac based database. In addition, Proofcast is a private business, and they charge a fee to do the remote broadcast and the automated emails.