PDA

View Full Version : Certification Prep Class.... or not?

Robin_Hagan_
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello! It's been awhile.

I'm considering taking the Certification Prep Class at Florida School in June, but I'm also condidering that I might spend money better on a different class.

I know exposure compensation, inverse square law, color wheel and theory, lighting ratios, bit depth and exposure very well. I'm also meeting with a couple of friends every week to study the other stuff I should work on.

I really want to pass the first time I take it, but then again, I feel like I have other chances and don't want to spend money on something I don't *really* need to spend it on.

Thoughts??

Mark_Levesque
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
It doesn't sound like you are wanting for a strong technical foundation. Perhaps your money would be better spent on artistry and/or business classes.

Roger_Williams
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Robin,

That's really a better question for you to answer. I took a prep class as one of the Imaging PreCon classes. Two intense days. I passed the first time and while I don't think I really learned anything new in the class, it was sure a great confidence builder. As I sat in class and was able to understand each topic being taught, I knew I was ready. However, if a topic had come up that I was weak on, it would have be great to get the extra knowledge right then. I also took the test the next day when everything was the freshest.

If you don't take the class and you don't pass, all you lost was some time waiting for the next text. On the other hand, when I did my bio, I felt good stating that I passed the First Time :)

ginagardner
05-22-2012, 02:20 AM
I signed up for the prep class in Atlanta in July and the test directingly following, thoughts?
Its been a while, so, sounded safe...

Vance_Wagener
05-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Robin,

I think that Roger hit it on the head. The only one who can tell you if you need the classes is you. Lord knows as a liaison I wouldn't want to tell anyone not to take a prep class. The reality is that I passed my first time out without studying. However, I took the exam with someone who was taking it for their second time and I would imagine a third as I have not seen their name on the listed CPP's.

I might add that I do plan to study for re-cert.

Rick_Massarini
05-22-2012, 03:47 AM
I might add that I do plan to study for re-cert.
Why would you have to take the exam again?
All you need to do for recertification is to submit a form documenting 25 continuing education units in the 5 year period since you were certified, and you're re-certified.

Vance_Wagener
05-22-2012, 04:07 AM
Rick,
I'm going to try but ed credits takes some traveling here and videos only count as .25 credits. It will be close.