PDA

View Full Version : Submitting sealed print to IPC

mbalthaser
03-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Probably silly questions, but humor me!

1) the little gold cardboard corners that hold the ribbon and the district submission information - we take those off prior to forwarding the print on to IPC, correct? The only thing that needs to be on the back is the seal?

2) Three of my prints came back with "honorable mention" ribbons - do all submissions that are accepted to the competition get those?

and lastly,

3) I adhered my print label right to my print case - it made it to competition and back, but on return to me, the label was literally hanging on by a thread.... one more gust of wind or bump in the UPS truck and it would have been gone. Do you all just adhere the label right to plastic case with no issue?

Thanks so much!

J_Davidson
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
1) Correct

2) Depends on the state/district

3) There should be a square of different type material riveted to your case, affix your label there. I always add a little extra tape just in case.

Tss1203
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
1-you get to keep the gold corner :) All you need is the seal on the back.

2. I'm not sure what the numbers are, but I'm betting it's probably 76-77 gets the 'honorable mention' ribbon. I had one 77, and it had a green HM ribbon, and I had one 79, and it had a red ribbon. I d

3-I tape mine down, but it is really hard to stick anything to the plastic of my case!

mbalthaser
03-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Thanks so much Jill and Amy!!!

I had three 76's (*sigh*) so, yes, they were all green HM ribbons...

I did stick it to the different area of my case that is meant for label, but it still peeled. I think I'll be adding a good bit of tape to ship off to IPC..... that'd be my luck that it would come off with my sealed image inside. ;)

J_Davidson
03-27-2012, 06:02 AM
My name and phone # are written inside my case. Just in case something happens.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
In the Northeast District -

Blue Ribbons were given for scores of 80+
Red Ribbons were given for scores of 78-79
Green Ribbons were given for scores of 76-77

The red ribbons say "Award of Achievement"
and the green ribbons say "Honorable Mention"

RBrogen
03-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Do those who submitted digitally get ribbons and if so how do they get them?

mbalthaser
03-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Randy - I submitted digitally last year and technically would have received two blue ribbons, one red, and one green based on my scores, but never got any.... so I suspect they are not handed out for digital entries, only physical prints.

Christine - thank you for posting that clarification on the ribbons!

Jill - good idea! I'll be doing that before shipping again, thanks!

Sarah_Johnston
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
If you contact your District Salon Chair they might be will to send you any ribbons you may have earned. I think it would be up to the District tho.

Erin_L._Clark
04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Do those who submitted digitally get ribbons and if so how do they get them?

You know- this is a really good question- Why wouldn't we get the ribbons? We still pay the same print case fee right?!

mbalthaser
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I never got my ribbons from last year when I submitted digitally - I should have received two blue and two red.

Tss1203
04-02-2012, 05:56 PM
on a similar note, I personally think there should be ribbons (or something) for IPC.

mbalthaser
04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I'd like that too!

Sarah_Johnston
04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
You know- this is a really good question- Why wouldn't we get the ribbons? We still pay the same print case fee right?!

True- but there is no print to display it on or case shipping back to you. I am not saying these are reasons they have not done it. This is all kinda new for everyone still. There is a learning curve. If you want the ribbons let them know. They may decide to put something in place for everyone to get them. or not. I don't know