PDA

View Full Version : Size Confusion

GeminEye
03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
In several places on the PPA site, it suggests submitting a 20x24 board when entering EI competitions so that guide images may be included. Yet, the longest pixel length accepted is 4000 @ 200dpi. I have called and spoke with a woman who did not have any answers for me. She even gave me an email address for a tech person ... and he is unsure as well, but is supposed t be looking into it.

It is frustrating to me to have spent several hours researching the PPA site, forum, articles, tutorials, and guidelines and to still not have the answers needed. In several areas Links are provided that don't even work. Is it possible that the information provided on the site could be condensed, proofed for errors and out-dated information, and placed in one easy to find place?

Stephanie_Millner
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
The largest size accepted for print entries is 20x24. However, the largest length accepted for digital entry is 4000px wide. It's in the district rules. Are you submitting digital, print, or both?

GeminEye
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Digital images

Rick_Massarini
03-20-2012, 08:15 PM
As Steff said...
The largest print size that is accepted is 20x24". The largest size image that can be handled on the judging turntable, and the largest size that will fit in the print crates is 24". It is usually suggested that if a print is submitted, that the larger size 20x24" board be used in order to provide additional space for guide images (smaller sized images of the original images that were used as the basis of the final digital image to allow the judges to fully appreciate the artwork that was done to produce the final image).
For digital file entries, the image is, of course, evaluated on a monitor. Sending in a larger sized digital file would serve no purpose since it would still be viewed at the same size on the monitor.