PDA

View Full Version : Certification for Competition High Scoring?

KirkDarling
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Over on the CPP page of Facebook, they're talking about regional affiliates "awarding" CPP "trophies" for competition high scorers.

What's up with that? I'm not "hatin'" on competition high scorers--more power to them--but how can the CPP claim to be owning its own independent standards and running a program independent from PPA if affiliates can "award" certification? I thought that was why certification was taken out of the auspices of PPA in the first place

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Kirk - you need to go back and read my explanation. You totally misinterpreted what was said.

A TROPHY is awarded to the maker of the image scoring the highest in a state or district competition. The maker must already be a CPP. It is a high score award for CPPs only.

Vance_Wagener
03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Kirk,

How do you see it any different from the Fuji Masterpiece award?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Vance - Kirk misunderstood what we were discussing. He thought the CPP was actually awarded, not a trophy.

Rick_Massarini
03-18-2012, 07:44 PM
PPA gives it's state and regional affiliates a very nice green glass trophy to be presented to the image with the highest score created by a CPP at their annual state or regional convention. It's just a trophy that is supplied by PPA which is something that is promotional for the CPP Program. You have to be a CPP to be eligible for the trophy. The trophy goes to the highest scoring print by a CPP.

KirkDarling
03-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Oops. Okay. Nevermind.