PDA

View Full Version : District Questions for Masters Art Images

GeminEye
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I am in the NE District...print comp deadline this week. I wish to enter HDR and manipulated images, which have now been delegated to the SE District for judging. My question...may I enter 4 images (say portrait style) in the NE District competition and then enter 4 digitally enhanced/manipulated (HDR) images in the SE District or am I restricted to entering only 4 prints total, and/or entering in only one of the districts? Clarification would be helpful. Thank you.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Yes, you may enter one case of images and/or albums in the Northeast District and one case of Electronic Imaging images in the SouthEast District.

Rick_Massarini
03-06-2012, 06:39 PM
The two competitions (Photographic Open and Electronic Imaging) are completely separate. PO will be judged at Northeast while the EI competition is only held at Southeast. You can enter 4 images in your case in the PO competition at Northeast and 4 prints in your case in the EI competition at Southwest. You can enter only one District for PO, but you can enter Northeast for PO and Southeast for EI since the EI competition is held only at Southeast. The seals received in those two separate competitions apply towards the two different PPA Masters Degrees - PO merits apply towards the Master of Photography Degree while EI merits apply towards the Master Artist Degree. EI merits do not apply towards the Master of Photography degree and vice versa. The images sealed in each competition must also be submitted in two separate cases into the two separate competitions at the IPC and cannot be combined into a single case or entry.

GeminEye
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Thank you both so much for the clarification. Truly appreciate it.

GeminEye
03-07-2012, 11:21 AM
One more question. I've searched and read competition rules for NE PO, SE EI, and International competitions. From what I can gather, the final EI images are to be submitted on boards with the original images. Is there a limit of three original files or should all originals be included? Correct me if I am wrong..but the digitally submitted board should be 4000 pixels at the longest dimension, 20 inches @ 200ppi, saved at jpeg 10 with an embedded profile. Does our PPA member # get included in the print title?