PDA

View Full Version : PPA NorthEast-trophy categories?

Cheryl_Steinhoff
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Is there somewhere that describes the options for the trophy categories? Do you/should you choose a category?

Thank you,
Cheryl

cat_broderick
03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
haha Just coming here to ask also!!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-06-2012, 01:09 AM
If you go to the PPO website - the hosts for the Northeast District - you can see the list of trophies and awards listed in the Convention magazine.

Here's the link:

http://www.ppofohio.org/index.php/download_file/view/617/75/

Jeff_Dachowski
03-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Christine,
Will you be at the judging?
Jeff

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi Jeff - yes I will - I'm on the PPO Board of Directors and I'm the print exhibit chairman.

joemama
03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Christine,

I was unable to find the answer to the OP's question. I found a list of awards starting on pg.41 but I couldn't find anything pertaining to the "Trophy Categories". This was an option that was available in the online competition image submission form. I believe the options were studio, environmental or none. I didn't quite understand it either (and yes... I should have asked...) but I just guessed using common sense and I may be wrong depending upon the meanings... Does it really matter? Can we change if we need to?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry - that sounds like a question for the PEC.

Since I haven't done my submission form yet, it didn't ring a bell for me and I assumed the OP was asking about awards available and/or Kodak Gallery award categories.

Jeff_Dachowski
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I believe the trophy category might pertain to which state or regional PPANe you are from as they have awards that are only available to thier members. last year it was really tough to figure things out. Just because they can sort a maker by their state, it does not tell the panel at awards time whether they are eligible for a regional award.
Jeff

Jeff_Dachowski
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I believe the trophy category might pertain to which state or regional PPANe you are from as they have awards that are only available to thier members. last year it was really tough to figure things out. Just because they can sort a maker by their state, it does not tell the panel at awards time whether they are eligible for a regional award.
Jeff

mbalthaser
03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I called the PPA about this b/c I couldn't find a good answer either - seems they didn't have a really good answer as well! Frustrating.

I ended up just picking whatever seemed to suit the image best.