PDA

View Full Version : Red sofa

Linda_Gregory
03-02-2012, 02:38 AM
I think it's going to hold it out of competition but I need another opinion because I do love the dog.

Thoughts? Oh, and if not just the sofa, let me know. As in, should I tone down the inside of his ears?

http://www.lindagregory.com/camel/yagi.jpg

Fuzzy_Duenkel
03-02-2012, 03:00 AM
If you don't like the red... desaturate the red.

Linda_Gregory
03-02-2012, 03:03 AM
I like the red but red or not, is the sofa running through the pup's body going to hold it back from a merit?

Jack_Reznicki
03-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Cropped badly placing the dog in almost the center, but not quiet. The space on the right that seems less than the background space on the left, sets me visually "off". Try cropping a lot of the couch out on the left so the dog is looking into what appears now as more space. Place dog in the left third of the image. And a touch too much space for me on top. Less is more here.
It's about the dog, not the couch. The couch is too important right now and it shouldn't be.
The red kicking into the shadow areas of the dog on the left and his neck needs to be removed.
My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Linda_Gregory
03-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks Jack. I hadn't even started cropping ect but did not notice the red in his backside. I can tone down the red but wasn't sure if the lines going through his body was going to hold it back and lazily wanted to find out before doing more work.

Rick_Massarini
03-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Flip it, crop in closer to just a head and shoulders vertical and take the red out
good job with keeping the detail in the black dog.

Linda_Gregory
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
So how's this look?

http://www.lindagregory.com/comp/yagi-comp-01.jpg

Jorge42
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
To me it looks beautiful, and after reading the suggestions I think you did a great job in making the adjustments.

Rick_Massarini
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I had to right click and save in order to see it - it's coming over mega big - like waaaay too big to see even only a part of - maybe it's only on my system - I'll deleted it after we finish talking about it - - -

I think the head is a bit too close to the top of the image - you might want to make him a little smaller on the mat and give him a little more space above his head.

Try cropping the dog to a square, place it in the upper right hand corner of a horizontal mat, change the keyline to a medium grey and tone down the white in his chest - that white takes over and keeps my eye off his face.

Is it OK if I crop it and repost an example of what I'm talking about here for you before I delete it ??

Linda_Gregory
03-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Sure Rick, that'd be great. I made it big because I didn't want it to be small and that cause issues. Can't win! :)

Rick_Massarini
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM
How about something like this? square image on a 20x16 proportion black mat - probably need a smaller keyline - this has a 2 px stroke an it's a bit too wide on this size image. The tighter cropping focuses the attention on the face and off the chest.

Linda_Gregory
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you feel, with it cropped this tight, that the small part of the wooden edge of the sofa looks odd?

Rick_Massarini
03-05-2012, 02:56 AM
You might want to remove that, but it really didn't bother me that much since it was so dark - it didn't catch my eye.