PDA

View Full Version : No NE judges! (Image Critique)

sarahrudy
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
I've only ever asked for critique locally. I've gotten good feedback. But I notice when I post in the PPA forums, everyone is a lot harsher. We've gotten rid of the hobbyists and it's just us pros and it gets fierce. But that's what I want. Rip these apart. Please!

And they are not digitally matted. I've just uploaded the images cropped as they are.

I know we can only enter 4. I've not decided which ones just yet.

If you want to look at them larger, let me know and I can put them in a folder.

Thanks!

Mark_Turner
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
I like the bride, but not the tilt. Do you have one where she is at the center of the leading lines? The wall on the left is cutting straight down through her head. The tilt is not needed.

The accordion player looks good to me. The sax guy needs something, seems like it lacks some color harmony or something, but it may be something you can use. The vignette on the couple is way too strong, and the crop is too tight for me. It's like you are in a private moment and are awkwardly close to them. I like the image, but not sure about for competition.

Now you have the opinion of one that is not a judge, not a Master (yet), not even a CPP (yet).

Maybe Keith, Jeff, or Sarah will chime in.

sarahrudy
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you! The bride, accordion player and sax images all got blue ribbons in my local competition (PPNO.) The other images have not been entered into anything. But I've wondered how that stacks up to the big leagues..

sarahrudy
03-01-2012, 01:32 PM
And the bride.. I have some other images but none that good. I actually took that a while back and really had not been paying attention to leading lines. It was an obvious thing I learned after I had shot that image. Plus, we were in a "haunted" prison in sub zero temps, lol. I was lucky to be able to press the shutter, haha. Kidding.

And the couple.. I have about 5 images of varying distances. I think I have another further away.