PDA

View Full Version : First entries..

Mikkic
02-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Well, I entered my first PPA competition. I posted the images in the Western District. I am not showing them here, 'cause I didn't think of it before submitting them, and it wouldn't do any good to get a CC on them after they are gone...it would just make me depressed now, so, just wish me luck, please! :O)

I was also wondering, I will not be actually attending the competition, but is there a way to know what the judges thought other than waiting for the results? I keep seeing video critiques that I could pay for, but I have no idea how to go about that, or if it is even possible with district submissions.

I would love to have the judges CC if they do that...:O)

Rick_Massarini
02-18-2012, 07:20 AM
As far as I know, critiiques are only offered at the IPC. I do not think that any of the District Judgings offer Critiques.

Mikkic
02-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Okay, Thanks so much, Rick!! Guess I'll see if they score high enough to move up there...;o)

Sarah_Johnston
02-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi Monica,
If they do not seal, then post for suggestions. If they do then you are golden for IPC. Best of luck!!!

mbalthaser
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Best of luck! You may surprise yourself - I would have never expected to get seals on any of my submissions last year, but did on two. Be sure to check back and let us know!

Mikkic
02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks so much, guys! I will be excited to learn what happens. I have been entering in local shows doing fairly well with 1st, 2nd and 3rd best of shows, and decided to quit and challenge myself in a bigger competition...."Playin' with the big boys now!!" EEEK! (And gals of course...LOL!)

Sarah_Johnston
02-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Monica, It can be fun, addicting, frustrating and lead to total insanity. Just sayin'