PDA

View Full Version : Category for the Western Dist. Competition

JDevine
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
This is my first competition entry and I'm unsure of the Category I should enter it in.

It's a portrait of a bride and her dog, it's not your typical wedding portrait, can I enter it in the Animal Portrait Category? There is also a Category named "No Category" on the submission form, can I use that?

Thank you for any answers.:D

Rick_Massarini
02-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Without seeing the image it's hard to say. Is it a portrait of a bride with a dog or a dog with a bride - in other words, who is the focus of the image? If the bride is the focus, then it probably should go into Portrait, Bridal or Wedding. If the dog is the focus of the image and the bride is only a supporting character, then it could go in with the pet portraits.

Placing an image in the wrong category doesn't disqualify it, but if it's in the wrong category, it probably will not win any awards in that category, and since it's in the wrong category, when the appropriate category comes up for judging, it won't be there, so it does keep it from winning awards in the category in which it should have been entered.

Sarah_Johnston
02-18-2012, 01:24 AM
It sounds like those categories are for state awards. The District categories are the same as IPC.
Without seeing the image and understanding what the categories are it is tough to say what to do.

JDevine
02-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Thank you.