PDA

View Full Version : Question about the paid IPC critiques

kristannev
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey Guys,

I got my print case back today from IPC (Yippy, just in time for state), but it did not contain the any information about the critique I paid for. All of my prints are marked critique on the back but there was nothing else in the case. Any ideas? Do they send them separately? Last year was my first year entering so I am unsure of how it worked.

Thanks!

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 12:30 AM
I got a link to my critiques sent to my email shortly after the results were posted, probably sometime in July. I know the first year the email went to my spam folder. Maybe check there?

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Ditto Amy - you should have received links!

kristannev
02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Thanks Amy, I don't recall getting it and It isn't in my spam or junk. Do you remember from what address it was sent? Perhaps that will help me locate it.

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm not Amy - but mine came from this email address: Professional Photographers of America <messaging@ppa.com>

subject was: Your 2011 IPC Critique is Ready

kristannev
02-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Thank you Melissa, I really appreciate it. I will continue to search and if that gets me know where I will email someone I guess.

Thanks again!

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
no problem :)

kristannev
02-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Melissa, Nope, don't have it. :(

Quick question did your link a standard link with your case number?

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
I just tried opening all four links, and none of them worked anymore :( Looks like they pulled the video portion down - I can still access the sound file if I open w/ itunes.

here's what one of my links looked like

kristannev
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the help. I emailed PPA so hopefully someone there can help me.

I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Rick_Massarini
02-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Kristin, your post made me wonder and I went back and checked and found that I never received my link for my critique from last year either. Send me a PM with your print case number and your email address and I'll check into it for you when I look into my missing critique link too...

Vance_Wagener
02-16-2012, 04:00 AM
I just tried opening all four links, and none of them worked anymore :( Looks like they pulled the video portion down - I can still access the sound file if I open w/ itunes.

here's what one of my links looked like

msg1svc.net/clabt/370462/67/88810/17309/0/H/0/0/fiix.html

The quoted link you gave above played perfectly fine for me. Video and and all.
I did notice that it is an MP4 file. Maybe your missing that video code for your player.

BTW congrats. Very cool pic!

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
The quoted link you gave above played perfectly fine for me. Video and and all.
I did notice that it is an MP4 file. Maybe your missing that video code for your player.

BTW congrats. Very cool pic!

Thank you! Yes i must just not have the appropriate player installed - didn't even think of that as I had changed computers since originally viewing. Hopefully this is helpful to someone then!

Amy_Hall
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope you don't mind, Melissa, but I watched the critique too. Thanks for sharing it so we can all get the benefit of hearing the judge's thought. And congrats!

mbalthaser
02-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Sure I don't mind at all, or I wouldn't have posted it - I don't even know which one I picked - hopefully I picked a good one! :)

Sarah_Johnston
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
The critique links would have been sent last summer. They were all done at IPC in June. Rick is ontop of this so hopefully he can get you answers.

Sarah_Johnston
02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Melissa, I hope you don't mind but I listened to them also. I have never listened to the critiques. It was really strange to hear myself do one. We are all in a little room trying to talk softly so we don't disturb others critiquing. I have to try not to sound so breathy! LOL I hope you are able to get some useful information from them. It didn't run on any player that I noticed