PDA

View Full Version : state competition

Tss1203
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I did my first state competition the other night and it went pretty well. It was my first time attending the expo let alone competing so I really didn't know too many people ( but Angela was there with me!).

After the awards banquet someone asked me about my "story"...where was I located, how long had I been in business, etc. He asked me how I found out/know about print competition and what to do. I thought it was an amazing testament to what this board represents to be able to say "I learned about competition from the PPA forum."

Quite honestly, that statement is 100% true, and that makes me happy :)

kristannev
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Amy,

I was thinking about you! What did you think of your State competition? I hope you did really well :).

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 12:21 AM
aw, thank you Kristin! I can honestly tell you that across the board our judges were TOUGH. I got an 80 on my bride and an 83 on the image of the wedding party.

Regardless of that I did get Top 7 Photographer award, and the judges awarded my bride image Best of Show and Kodak Gallery Award. So it wasn't a bad experience ;)

When is you state comp?

GregYager
02-16-2012, 12:43 AM
I got an 80 on my bride and an 83 on the image of the wedding party.

Regardless of that I did get Top 7 Photographer award, and the judges awarded my bride image Best of Show and Kodak Gallery Award.
You've been on pins and needles waitin on somebody to ask you that.:D

Great job!!

kristannev
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Amy, That is fantastic! You should be "Extremely" proud of that showing!! Our competition is next month. I am not feeling confident but I am going to jump in the pool anyway. :)

Congrats again!

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 12:48 AM
naw, not really. I put it on facebook so I wasn't hiding it :)

But really, this was more a 'thank you' to this forum for all it's done. It's not something that we always think about. But truly I wouldn't have known about print comp or about how to present my images, or what works/doesn't work if it wasn't for this forum and the people here. I think that is pretty cool!

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Kristin, good luck next month, you'll do great!

Amy_Hall
02-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Regardless of that I did get Top 7 Photographer award, and the judges awarded my bride image Best of Show and Kodak Gallery Award.

Awesome, congrats!

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
You've been on pins and needles waitin on somebody to ask you that.:D

Great job!!

okay Greg, yes, just a leeettle bit, but that really wasn't the purpose of my post ;)

Ed_Sharp
02-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Congrats on the prints Amy! That is some sweet acknowlegements you got there.http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
I hope you and Angela didn't get too rowdy.:cool:

Rick_Massarini
02-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Congratulations, Amy !!!

Angela_Lawson
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Did everyone see my posts on Facebook of Amy winning her awards? I think I was more excited for her than she was. She did great!!!! And no, Ed, we didn't get too rowdy. Poor Amy drove an hour home every night, and I usually headed up to my room after she left. Such partiers! LOL

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Did everyone see my posts on Facebook of Amy winning her awards? I think I was more excited for her than she was. She did great!!!! And no, Ed, we didn't get too rowdy. Poor Amy drove an hour home every night, and I usually headed up to my room after she left. Such partiers! LOL

I was more in shock than anything! After they fought hard to barely allow an 80 out of the image I was completely shocked to see the same judges gave the image any awards, lol. I'm not complaining though ;)

We did have a nice time! Angela and I even missed a class because were enjoying lunch and hadn't paid any attention to the time :)

Sarah_Johnston
02-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Well Amy I hope you move them on the District Competition coming up. Registration starts today for North East.

Tss1203
02-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Well Amy I hope you move them on the District Competition coming up. Registration starts today for North East.

Yep! I'm still looking for a fourth image though....