PDA

View Full Version : My Portfolio Images

CindyYager
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I have assembled my 15 images for submission. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
http://www.mymorganfield.com/CindyCPP.html

Mark_Turner
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
That first one isn't short light as much as a 3/4 profile. In either case it's turned too far for short light, and not far enough for a profile. The nose should not break the plane of the cheek in a 3/4 profile, and you should not see any cheek in a complete profile. You are caught in between.

You might read the rules again concerning using the same subject more than once. I think it's OK for the compulsory images, but not for the rest. Someone that knows for sure can chime in.

GregYager
02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, all 6 of the compulsory images can be of the same subject.

GregYager
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
They would know me but I could have easily posed for anyone so they couldn't be certain that they know the maker.

Tss1203
02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
you got this, Cindy! Can't wait to congratulate you :)

ps- LOVE the new avatar!

CindyYager
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Can't wait to turn them in!!

Ed_Sharp
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Looking good Cindy and you landed a super model to sit for the compulsory images to boot.
The only thing I could comment on is the backlight on the background of the low key seems to be a little hot in that spot on the lower left. I know the judging is different for the CPP than for IPC, but the feeling I got from my post submission image critique was that it is a good idea to be mindful of the little details and accents even on the compulsory images. Your submission looks like a winner to me. I was hoping to get my submission ready for the February date, but my time management skills are not helping me. I still have some Major adjustments to make.:p

GregYager
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Rick, Our world has enough rules. A good judge should be able to evaluate a body of work fairly regardless of whether or not they suspect they know the maker. I would feel horrible knowing that this thread caused a headache for the PPCC folks but it appears you were unstoppable in contacting them directly.

For the record, we like the system the way it is and have no complaints.

Tss1203
02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Rick, Our world has enough rules. A good judge should be able to evaluate a body of work fairly regardless of whether or not they suspect they know the maker. I would feel horrible knowing that this thread caused a headache for the PPCC folks but it appears you were unstoppable in contacting them directly.

For the record, we like the system the way it is and have no complaints.

Agreed. IPC is judging art, which is much more subjective in my eye. CPP has certain criteria to give a pass or fail. Entirely different to me.

Angela_Lawson
02-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Looking good Cindy! I would only make one tiny suggestion. On a couple of the baby ones, you can see a second light in their eyes. My understanding when I submitted a couple of years ago, was that the judges don't like to see that second highlight in the eyes, so I would just retouch them out. Just my $.02 worth. Otherwise, they look good!

CindyYager
02-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Images have been edited and submitted.

Does anyone know how long it took for the last round of reviews to be completed?

CindyYager
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Never mind the last question. I just read in the e-mail where it said the results will be mailed in the second week of March. That gives me a month to develop and recover from a nervous breakdown.

Angela_Lawson
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
You'll do great! Can't wait to congratulate you!!!