PDA

View Full Version : possibility for Northwest distric comp.

AmyElliott
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
picasso....

gailcarver
02-13-2012, 03:29 AM
The dark stuff right under his bum is what I noticed right away. And then the absence of the other leg (am sure he is half W sitting with that leg, but it throws me off some). I am sorry, but I just can't stop laughing at what you might be able to name this!

AmyElliott
02-14-2012, 12:12 AM
I have lots from this session, I know I have ones with both legs:) that dark are are her toes, they are green from paint. does this concept work or should I just scrap this session from comp possibilities? also I am dying to hear your titles:)

mbalthaser
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I agree with the previous CC - my eye is immediately pulled to the dark stuff under his behind, and the "missing" leg. I'd maybe see if you have another image from the set if you are looking to submit from this series :) Best of luck!

Rick_Massarini
02-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I find the matting to be distracting, especially with the same brush used six times to create what should be a random splattered color pattern. I too, noticed the black spot below the child and wondered just what it was. And the story is unclear - why is the child naked while painting in the image? Does the image go with the title? Did Picasso paint in the nude? Also, the child seems to be a bit too old for a nude photo of a young boy. Nice lighting on his face, and nice handling of the high key, but as presented, I feel that the image will fall in the Average category - if you were to get rid of the distracting mat, it will probably fall in the Above Average category.

gailcarver
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
If you have another image and get rid of the mat, you might be able to title it "liberal arts" or "liberal artist" to reason out the naked part!

AmyElliott
02-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks Guys, I have better images all together I am scraping this one. Rick it is a little girls and she is not yet a year. I dont feel that is too old for nude photos but it is an issue between photographer and parent I guess.