PDA

View Full Version : CPP images...need feedback

mpurvines
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Specifically looking for feedback on the broad and short light images. All others are general submission images. Thanks!

GregYager
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Very good examples of Broad and Short light. Based on what I've seen I think your portfolio will be fine.

mpurvines
02-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Thank you Greg!

ericrichards
02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Ditto to what Greg said.

Angela_Lawson
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Molly.

On your first image - the broad lit young lady...I would suggest either re-shooting her as an example of short lighting, or find another image. Something that was just discussed recently regarding the new compulsory images, is that you not only need to show proficiency in the lighting aspect, but they are also going to judge on whether you have used the proper lighting to effectively make your subject look their best. I would say that since the young lady that you used has a rather roundish face, she would have looked better as an example of short lighting. I'm not saying that she isn't a good example of broad lighting, just that the subject would have benefitted better from short lighting, and you will be judged on both.

Hope that helps a little.
Angela

Vance_Wagener
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Molly,

Your last one of the guy seems a little dark almost muddy on my monitor. Can you boost the brightness and contrast and repost here?