PDA

View Full Version : Images for Certification...feedback needed

mpurvines
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
These are my images for certification. I am hoping to get feedback before final submission. Thx.

Rick_Massarini
02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Your high key image might be perceived as a mixed key. Your shadows, especially the arm, are a bit dark for a high key image. A high key image does not just mean an image with a white background. In a high key image the tones are all light - everything is light colored - the subject is light, the clothing is light the shadows are light, and the background is light or white. The point of maximum contrast in a high key image is usually the subject's face which is usually the darkest point in the image. Plus you have some flare from the background right around the bustline.

mpurvines
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Rick. I will look for a different image. I appreciate your feedback

Vance_Wagener
02-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I think all of the images will work for CPP with the exception of your high key. I agree with Rick on that one. BTW I really like your low key.

GregYager
02-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Your first image(short light) appears to be butterfly or glamor light based on the shadow of the nose. It's a really close call. Do you have a more defined short light image?

joemama
02-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Your first image(short light) appears to be butterfly or glamor light based on the shadow of the nose. It's a really close call. Do you have a more defined short light image?

I was thinking the same thing. I would consider this a butterfly lighting pattern. It would probably be better to go out of your way to demonstrate the desired lighting pattern in the cert. images. Don't leave it to speculation...

Rick_Massarini
02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
I didn't zoom in on them when I first commented - but now that I zoomed in on the first one, I agree that it's more butterfly than snort. The pattern is directly below the nose instead of off to the side and below the nose.

KirkDarling
02-11-2012, 04:00 AM
As general images, I think all would work well except for the bothersome flare of the maternity image. However, I agree with other comments pertaining to the first image fulfilling the short-light compulsory. It's butterfly. Nice work, though.

In your backlighting, remember that a white background need only be white--don't light it any more brightly than it needs to just reach white. Watch your histogram and dial down the lights on the background until the background spike is just at or just barely off the right side.

mpurvines
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you everyone! Great feedback!