PDA

View Full Version : Critique for Northcentral Please.

sindisue
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Last year was my first year in competition and I merited one image. Was very happy and excited about that. Since then, I have earned my certification and I am convinced that it is within my power to go 4/4 this year. Could you please take a moment and let me know what you think of my choices? I've never done the matting and key lining before, so that is new to me. Thanks, everyone.

gailcarver
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I love the feel of the second image, but the blue right above the horse seems out of place. Being from the midwest, I also love the third image. On the fourth it looks like there is some texture on her shoulder. Was it on purpose or ??? Granted, I am by no means qualified to give you any advice on how they will do in comp. The first one really did not do much for me, it seems so centered. I am sure the client loved it, but not sure it would fair in the merit category at competition. I am sure others more qualified will let you know! Good luck!

sindisue
02-10-2012, 02:48 PM
thanks, gail. i think that blue must have come from the texture and it was unintentional so i will have to work on that. there isn't texture on the last image, but if it looks like there is, i better address that too. thanks for replying. i hope some more people give their opinions.

lisaasp
02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
The key lines on the 3rd and 4th images seem to pull my eye away from the images itself. I think I would either remove them, make them a neutral color, or move them right against the image as a border between the image and background. They should enhance the image, not compete with them.

sindisue
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
thanks, lisa. i will work on those keylines.