PDA

View Full Version : Loan Collection?

kristannev
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
This may be a silly question and if so please forgive me. I know that PPA keeps all loan collection prints, but what do they do with them? Just curious.

gailcarver
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
You can purchase a copy of the LOAN collection book through Marathon Press, but I am not sure what happens to the actual prints.

Linda_Gregory
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Kristin, the term Loan comes from what they do with the collection. They loan it out for display all over the world.

kristannev
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys! I did buy the book but was curious about the print itself. I didn't know if they got trashed or what happened to them. I heard rumors that they are sent to S. Korea for exhibit, but is just hearsay. If that were the case it would be neat to know when and where. :)

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Kristin,
The loan images go a whole bunch of different directions. Sometimes they go overseas for an exhibit, some of the images hang at PPA headquarters, and sometimes the images, once they are not in the calendar loan year travel with the folks who teach the judges workshop. So....if you got three loans in one year, your loan images could be in three different places at one time!
Jeff

kristannev
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks Jeff. Maybe someday I will have several loans in one year ;).

Perhaps it is crazy to want to know but I am glad they don't fall into a black hole somewhere. :)

Rick_Massarini
02-08-2012, 08:42 PM
They are also loaned out to photographic schools and colleges for exhibits. Daytona Beach Community College had a display of images from the Loan Collection when the PEC was holding the IPC at their college. They had a locked glass enclosed case on the wall where the Loan Collection was hanging on their wall. The prints on display still had their gold Loan Collection corners on them.

The Loan Collection did go to Korea for the PP of Korea's convention a couple of years ago - not sure about this year, though...

GregYager
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
The Loan Collection did go to Korea for the PP of Korea's convention a couple of years ago - not sure about this year, though...
I want to go to their convention soooooooooo bad! I love that country, very nice and extremely talented people.

Amy_Hall
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
They are also loaned out to photographic schools and colleges for exhibits. Daytona Beach Community College had a display of images from the Loan Collection when the PEC was holding the IPC at their college. They had a locked glass enclosed case on the wall where the Loan Collection was hanging on their wall. The prints on display still had their gold Loan Collection corners on them.

I went to Daytona Beach Community College for the first 2 years of my education and always enjoyed their photography displays. It's neat to hear they had the Loan Collection there.