PDA

View Full Version : Have the number of images changed.

pcather
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
When I signed up to be certified the number of images submitted was 20. It now seems to be 15. Is this correct or is there a typo?

http://certifiedphotographer.com/cpp-certification/get-certified/submit-your-images/ says....

"Fifteen (15) photographic images are required.

The first six (6) images uploaded must fit within the new compulsory guidelines showing a standardized technical proficiency that all professional photographers, regardless of specialty, should know. (These images may come directly from client files or may be set up to demonstrate the technique that is required.)

The remaining nine (9) images must be from 9 different job assignments completed in the last 24 months based on your specialty (or specialties percentages). No "self-assignments" are permitted."

Just checkin'

Vance_Wagener
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
‎Pamela,

20 images was the old standard before compulsory images. I recently talked to Claire White from the PPCC and she confirmed that it has gone down to a total of 15. Everything that you have cited in your post is correct. Including "The remaining nine (9) images must be from 9 different job assignments completed in the last 24 months based on your specialty (or specialties percentages). No self-assignments" are permitted."

It is also important to note:The CPP Certification judges will review the 6 compulsory images before reviewing the remainder of the body of work. If one of the compulsory images does not pass, the entire portfolio will not pass and the remaining 9 submitted images will not be reviewed.

Reminder: If you are seeking certification as a portrait or wedding photographer, do not submit "landscape" images. Commercial and event photographers may enter landscape images providing they were "commissioned and paid" and not images that were sold "after the fact."

http://certifiedphotographer.com/new-cpp-image-submission-requirements/

Ed_Sharp
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for posting that Pamela, this is the first I have heard of this. The last submission (October 21)required the 6 compulsory + 14 client images(20 total), so this will be the first submission requiring only 15 total images.
Thanks for verifying with PPCC Vance.

Angela_Lawson
02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Ed,

Does that mean you are going for your certification? That will mean that all of our "REALLY" Great Print Exhibit gang will have or be working towards their certification. Yay!!! :)

Ed_Sharp
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I have to get my act together, I passed test and failed my first try at the image submission this October.
So right now while I am a PCE (print crew engineer), I am still not a CPP :p

Tss1203
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM
ooooo....can we add PCE to our signatures, lol?

Ed_Sharp
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Angela may even make buttons:D

pcather
02-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks for posting that Pamela, this is the first I have heard of this. The last submission (October 21)required the 6 compulsory + 14 client images(20 total), so this will be the first submission requiring only 15 total images.
Thanks for verifying with PPCC Vance.

Ed thanks for saying that because I thought for sure it was still 20 total even after they added the compulsory. I'm not going crazy.

Angela_Lawson
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Hey Ed, don't feel bad, I didn't pass my first image review either. I think it actually helped me learn alot more. Hang in there. And yes, I will make buttons. PCE's is a great acronym. lol