PDA

View Full Version : just one more

Heike_O'Day
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
just one more I'm considering for competition but would like advice on what I could improve on this image

Joe_Galioto
01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
heike
imho
what this image is lacking is a back light, hair light or edge/accent light.
something to define the ears & edge of the cats head, as it is now the light is just falling off the ears.
love his intense expression

GregYager
01-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Joe is dead on here about the lighting but I like this image the most so far. If this is your cat I would sit down and try to re-shoot it with the light setup he recommended.

Heike_O'Day
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
thanks guys =)
it's not my cat but I have two myself - not that they would sit still though ;-)
but the original image (see below) is not nearly as dark, so now I think I'll go back to PS and see if I can do something there.

Heike_O'Day
01-28-2012, 11:43 PM
I did some work with it and am wondering what you think about it now.

GregYager
01-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Much better. Try softening the vignette. It looks too defined to me. Also see what it looks like with the iris and pupils darkened to make the color richer and the black blacker.

GregYager
01-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Here's kinda what I was thinking.

Heike_O'Day
01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Wow, Greg, you rotated it a bit too - that really changes the mood =)
Yeah the eyes - I still wanted to work on them a bit. I think I need to take out a couple of the light reflections and intensifiy the color a bit.

It's so funny when you start working with an image you thought you were done with. All of a sudden you see 'Hey there is another way!' ;-)
Thanks for your advice =)