PDA

View Full Version : critique

Tss1203
01-24-2012, 02:38 AM
alright folks, lay it to me straight. I'm stuck on these two images as possibilities for comp....I mean really stuck. I feel like I'm having writer's block ;) I can't envision anything I want to create for comp, and I'm not finding anything else I like in what I've already shot. grrr. I was hoping to enter our state comp next month...

I'm drawn to this one. Here is the full image:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/print%20comp/tarafull-1000-1.jpg

But I think I like it better cropped.....
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/print%20comp/tara5-1.jpg

I love this one, but not sure how it would do in competition. I have the color version, but I'm liking the black and white better. Are there too many obstacles to overcome to make a good comp image?
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/print%20comp/weddingcopy-Editcopy-1.jpg

Opinions?

GregYager
01-24-2012, 02:42 AM
The first ones are nice images but I'm not a fan of the Barbie skin.

I'm really liking the last one though. Worked up and presented right I think it has potential.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
second one all the way!

Tss1203
01-24-2012, 02:58 AM
that's funny Greg b/c I SWEAR her skin is pretty dang flawless naturally :) I mean, of course I ran portraiture, but I actually did less than normal retouch, lol.

Jeff, you mean the wedding party one, or the first image but cropped? Sorry, I'm a little stupid today....

I know the wedding party image needs some clean up, but any suggestions other than that? I brought these both with me to my mentor critique at Imaging. He liked the wedding party image, but didn't like the posing of the bride and groom. He felt maybe they should be looking at the camera. He did suggest the crop and to make it b&w which I think work great.

Personally I like the fact that they are kissing vs. facing the camera, but is the fact that his arm is hanging and not touching her a problem? Should they be facing the camera?

MWatson
01-24-2012, 03:04 AM
Amy, I really love the cropped version of the lady. To me, the extra small catchlights are a distraction though. A very small fix. The image is beautiful !

Jeff_Dachowski
01-24-2012, 03:51 AM
cropped image of the lady. I would be all over the wedding party image except for the fact that with all the work that went into this image, the groom looks bored. Hand straight down etc. If you had a better groom, I would enter both the cropped bride and the wedding party.

Tss1203
01-24-2012, 04:10 AM
I agree. It's probably from holding the pose for so long. Maybe I'll check and see if I can find one of the two of them I can drop in there.

Rick_Massarini
01-24-2012, 05:36 AM
I'd reduce the percentage of Portraiture, crop the bride vertically through the middle of her hair on the left side and horizontally right above where her arm meets her armpit making it tighter. I like her facing the right because it adds tension which goes with her expression but I'd like to see it flipped too...

Jeff_Dachowski
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
agreed about the portraiture. I might use it at 20%. She already looks flawless. In fact that could be your title.

Tss1203
01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm so indecisive. Okay, here she is with less portraiture & noiseware, and also the cropped version Rick suggested. As long as I'm not losing too much res, I think I might like it best cropped up this way.

I'm usually a color girl all the way, but what about black and white? Maybe presented with a vintage 40's/50's feel? I know the b&w takes out her striking eyes/lips skin color, but I still like it........

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/taracopy-2-1.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/tara2copy-2.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/DSC_1850-4-3copy-2.jpg

Jeff_Dachowski
01-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Think it might be able to go square, or close to it. Not sure about the wrist here. There is def a merit print here, imho.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/tarafull-1000-1.jpg

Tss1203
01-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm liking the square. How about this? It's a little bit closer.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/DSC_1850-Edit-2-2copy-1.jpg

GregYager
01-24-2012, 07:23 PM
I like Jeff's crop better Amy. Cutting through the breast makes the last one seem over cropped.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
I do like it tighter as well. The right side of the veil might ust need to be cropped out a bit. It will throw her to the right more. See where that ends up. ( you know this) I really think you have a print with a lot of potential here.
Jeff

Rick_Massarini
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I like this version. I'd be around an 86 if I were scoring it.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/tara2copy-2.jpg

To my eye, the square crop draws attention away from the face and towards the body which appears to be a bit awkward especially with the "C" (instead of "S") curve line of the body being reinforced by that back trailing arm and the distracting back shoulder. With the body, I'd be looking at a borderline 80 depending on how it is presented. The face has such impact that I would not do anything to take attention away from it - no need for the body since it is the face that is the center of interest. I'd just tone down that hot spot behind the curl on her front shoulder and mat it out. Sometimes less is more - or as has been said many times - "crop til you merit".

Angela_Lawson
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Amy - I am no judge, but have stayed at the Queen and Cresent! Just kidding. Anyway, I like the closer crop, but I like the bit of glow that Jeff added. Looks like you will be signing Greg's book again next year. lol

BTW - are you going to the PPM convention in Feb? Looks like I am, and I'm having a certification table in the Expo. If you are going, let's chat and see if we can hook up!

Tss1203
01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
thank you very much everyone for the help, I really appreciate it!

I get what you are saying Rick, thank you for explaining it. Quick question-where should I have placed her back arm for a better curve? I want to know for next time. This image was such a quick take, we had maybe 2 minutes before she walked down the aisle. I'm pretty sure I was sweating I was under such pressure, lol. I can think of a few things I would've changed if we had more time.

I'm still in a personal debate about whether I like the color or B&W. I feel the b&w pulls you in to her beauty w/o the being distracted by her red lips or the green couch. But the color shows her nice skin/eyes. We shall see..

Tss1203
01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
@Angela- I'm pretty sure I'll be going. I'm crippled by the fear of competing with so many people I know being there, lol. But then if I go to the convention I might as well compete, right? I'll keep you updated :)

Rick_Massarini
01-25-2012, 01:18 AM
With the pose that you used, there is no place else that you could put her back arm - it has to be there since it's part of her. I just find that "wingy" back shoulder to be distracting - thus the suggestion to crop it off and place the focus on her face. From my perspective, the merit is in her face.

Kudos to you for capturing such a great image on the day of the wedding with all the distractions inherent on the wedding day.

Michael_Mathias
01-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Amy, I'm with greg on these. While the portraits are gorgeous, I get a much better/longer story with the church front scene. The couples journey has just begun. Everyone else is off to their respective busy lives. The groom's relaxed arms seem to accentuate wanting that movement to last a bit longer. I think some little adjustments and it really pops. Out of the portraits the B&W crop is growing on me. To me the light is about as flawless as her skin in that version...:-) Really nice work!

Sarah_Johnston
01-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Amy,
On the woman. I like the square crop in color. I would try to take down the brightness on her shoulder just a bit so it does not compete with her face too much. FInish the edges and I think it will do well.
The church is nice, but I agree with Jeff the position of the groom may hold it back.

Vance_Wagener
01-25-2012, 04:33 AM
I don't know much about comp. But it wasn't until you took Rick's crop that I noticed how bright the shoulder was.

Love your work. The wedding party should turn out cool too.

Tss1203
01-26-2012, 05:42 PM
alright, I added a little bit of glow and cropped her more on the right side. I'm still struggling with whether I like the closer crop or the square crop, or if I want color or BW. Also, how does this presentation look? I would really like to print the image on a really matte paper similar to the kind of paper used "back in the day". Any ideas? Could this work on a fine art paper?

And, I like the title Jeff suggested "Flawless", but is that going to encourage the judges to find a flaw in the image? What about Flawless Beauty?

Also, I'm still trying to find a better groom and/or position for the other image. I'll get there eventually!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/taracopynew2-2copy-1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/taracopynew2py-1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/DSC_1850-4copy-1.jpg

GregYager
01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not sold on the gray mat Amy. Works pretty well with the black and white but not so much with the color. Maybe use a shade of white from her dress for the mat and keyline with the blue of her eyes. I'm just throwing ideas out there btw. Overall I think it's looking great.

Angela_Lawson
01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Here's my opinion - not that it's worth much. lol Anyway, I like the B & W better for some reason. I think it's because of the way her hair is styled and the dress and jewelry she's wearing. She can pull off the "vintage" look. As for the crop, what about somewhere inbetween the two that you have? Leave a little more hair on the left side, making it still more of a square image? Just thoughts. The image itself is beautiful!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
first one on black mat :)

Rick_Massarini
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
On the tight crop - chop some of the mat off the left hand side so that it is offset to the left and see how you like it. I'm still for the tight crop but in color.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Amy,
First one....tone down her left arm. I dont mind the matt at all. If you can hand cut a matt and place this image inside it could score even better. Not liking the tight crop at all. Too tight of a delivery for such a beautiful package....
Jeff

Sarah_Johnston
01-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Yep first one. The absence of color keeps me right on her. Her dress does pull me away from her face a bit tho.

Tss1203
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
thank you thank you thank you everyone!

What about flipped......
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/taracopynew-1.jpg

Jeff, that is exactly what I thinking, but wasn't sure if that would be too much. I may actually search some resale shops around here for a vintage mat. If I can't find one I'll see if my lab can help me out.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Amy, flipped you are leading the viewer right out of the frame. Her arm is a natural leadinng line.

Tss1203
01-27-2012, 02:53 AM
thanks Jeff, you're right. I'm done analyzing this one ;) I appreciate your help!

Now I just have to fix the other one and find two more images asap....

joemama
01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
No comment for critique with respect to competition... I simply am no where near being qualified for such a critique. However, I just wanted to say that your image makes me say WOW. Both the BW and color... I am torn because they both are equally compelling. Nice work Amy.

~Joe

GregYager
01-27-2012, 06:19 PM
If you can hand cut a matt and place this image inside it could score even better.
Jeff

Can you expand on this a bit Jeff? I'm interested in anything that can raise a score and I had no idea that using an actual mat would do so.

Avery_Munger
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Can you expand on this a bit Jeff? I'm interested in anything that can raise a score and I had no idea that using an actual mat would do so.

Yeah... interested in this also. I will likely need to submit digitally this year. Does (or would) this have an effect on scoring?

Jeff_Dachowski
01-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Avery and Greg,
A hand cut matt will not on it's own raise your score. That being said....when you have an image like Amy's that has a style to it that imbues craftsmanship, you are allowed to do everything you can to further that dynamic. So...if you use a floating print in a matt, it can help convey that your image is a piece of art, sometimes better than on a digital canvas. Not sure if you both went to IUSA this year. I had two loan images that were both in floating matts. One was called the homestead, and one was called the sweet taste of retirement. Did you happen to see either at the show?
Jeff

GregYager
01-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I did see them Jeff. Shouldn't every image entered be an attempt to show a style that imbues craftsmanship? Not saying they all do but if that's the goal then the presentation should match the goal. This image is obviously a great image but how would others know the best time to employ a physical mat? If it's just so-so give it a digital mat and if it really rocks give it a physical mat? Or is it more about the classic style such as very contemporary work does best with digital mat and traditional work does best with a physical mat?

Jeff_Dachowski
01-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I did see them Jeff. Shouldn't every image entered be an attempt to show a style that imbues craftsmanship? Not saying they all do but if that's the goal then the presentation should match the goal. This image is obviously a great image but how would others know the best time to employ a physical mat? If it's just so-so give it a digital mat and if it really rocks give it a physical mat? Or is it more about the classic style such as very contemporary work does best with digital mat and traditional work does best with a physical mat?

Hey Greg,
The short answer yes, but you have misinterpreted what I meant. When you take a photo of a bridal party jumping in the air, I dont see how a hand cut matt would necessarily match the craftmanship. When you have styliezed hair, hand made broach, hand made gown, hand made earings. The style of the image is begging for everything else to be handmade. Does this make sense? It is the same type of thing when you have an image of a bamboo forest. You could put that on a digital matt, but wouldn't a rice paper matt potentially convey the feeling? Wouldn't it be more in harmony with the type of image it is? A junkie, might look best on a rusty metal matt right? Now, we know you canot submit that because it could damage prints that are near it in the comp, but it does conjure up what I am trying to explain.
Jeff

GregYager
01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
It makes perfect sense Jeff. The mat(presentation) is the final element in telling the story of an image so it should match the elements contained within the image.

Avery_Munger
01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
I could see where this would make sense in a digital matte situation as well. You could essentially have a "metal" looking digital matte for the junkie image scenario you mentioned. Obviously, the real thing would be best, but for me I won't have time to submit (for District) physical prints and will need to be digital for that level. For IPC though (assuming I score well in District), I would submit prints.

GregYager
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I could see where this would make sense in a digital matte situation as well. You could essentially have a "metal" looking digital matte for the junkie image scenario you mentioned. Obviously, the real thing would be best, but for me I won't have time to submit (for District) physical prints and will need to be digital for that level. For IPC though (assuming I score well in District), I would submit prints.

If you submit digital to district and receive a seal it must be entered in IPC as a digital image in order to receive the merit.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Avery,
keep in mind that if the matt brings the judges attention out of realm in which you want them to look, then it might be the wrong matt. Many, many times, a pretty good image falls short of a merit because the maker has gone too far. For instance, repeating the main image, in the matt can really hurt the image. I dont mean to say that under the right circumstance, it could help, just that the image should be a complete stand alone image.
Jeff

Rick_Massarini
01-27-2012, 09:12 PM
For instance, repeating the main image, in the matt can really hurt the image. What Jeff

What Jeff has said above is one of the reasons for keeping current with what is working TODAY. Many times, I have heard people state that an image had to have the "PPA look" in order for it to hang. There is no look - things that worked well a couple of years ago may not work today. Several years ago, blurring the image and repeating it in the mat was a popular effect - now it is trite. I had a Loan image several years ago that had that very same technique used for the mat. Several years ago Lucis Art was hot, now it's passe'. Techniques that worked well last year may not work this year. Look back over the Loan Collection from a few years ago and this years Loan Book and notice the looks that were prevalent several years ago that are not there today. Evolution is constant.

Avery_Munger
01-28-2012, 02:32 AM
If you submit digital to district and receive a seal it must be entered in IPC as a digital image in order to receive the merit.

Well now... this is good to know. I was not aware of this (my first year I considered submitting digital). I guess, it's time to make time for getting the prints ready then. Thanks for the info Greg.

My philosophy has been that the matte should compliment or be unnoticed except to enhance the image. I typically don't use any "gimmicks" for the mattes. Usually straight-up standard solid color complimentary mattes (mostly) for me. I look at a matte as the "calm before the art". A way to draw the viewer in. In my previous post, I was merely stating that I could see where a unique digital matte could compliment even in a digital submission.

Thanks for the info about matting. FYI Jeff, I wasn't able to get to Imaging this year, so didn't see the prints you mentioned. Was bummed about missing it, but my daughter had her first birthday during that week and well,... can't miss that! :) I'll be in Atlanta next year though.

GregYager
01-28-2012, 02:58 AM
I almost made the same mistake last year Avery. I would have been terribly disappointed if my merit prints were only seen on a screen at Imaging. I'm not against digital competitions as my state affiliate will be hosting 6 this year and I will have entries in every one but when it comes to District and IPC I'm print all the way.

Rick_Massarini
01-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm a print fan too. With the digital entries, there are still a lot of things that can come into play - the biggest thing is getting your monitor calibrated to agree with the judging monitor on color and brightness. An image that looks fine on your monitor can be too dark or too bright or off color on the judging monitor if your monitor is not calibrated correctly to match the judging monitors. With prints, 75 footcandles of incandescent is always 75 footcandles of incandescent light no matter where you are. Simple.

Plus it's a lot nicer to go to the national convention and see your print out there on display all the time instead of just flashing by on a monitor slide show. But then again, it could just be that I'm old...

Tss1203
01-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I love prints :)

I'm going to attempt the matting Jeff described b/c I feel this image really calls for it. At first I was going to attempt searching for a vintage mat at a resale shop but I like Jeff's idea better. I think it will still give me the vintage feel that I want.

Only problem is I have no mats or matting cutting equipment. I'm guessing I'll be walking over to frame shop across the street and seeing if he can help me :)

not the only problem is the time I spent on this one has left me with very little time to find 3 more images!

Sarah_Johnston
01-31-2012, 01:42 AM
I am so happy to see so many in favor of actual prints!!! One of my favorite thing to do at IUSA is meander through the print show. Keep it up!!! And THANKS!!

Tss1203
01-31-2012, 04:12 AM
how about this?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/wedding-1.jpg

GregYager
01-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Nice editing Amy. I Like.

Tss1203
01-31-2012, 02:46 PM
thanks Greg. I'm going to print a test to make sure it blends together well.

I want to touch up the bottom of her dress still.

And, I'm still stuck on 2 more images. For states I can enter up to six, so I was hoping for four good ones and then I was going to throw in 2 more that are more average every day work just for the heck of it.

I'm obsessing over finding more images and I'm getting frustrated!

Angela_Lawson
01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
I hear ya Amy! I have given up on having anything ready for states. I'm still working toward regionals. Have a great concept for one, but believe it or not, the weather isn't cooperating. Need a nice crisp day with sparkling snow that isn't a blizzard, but isn't melting either. Grrr!

Good luck on picking out your extra images! And I'll see you in about a week and a half.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Amy,
Nice job. Sidewalk is too bright. Also...consider giving the image a border on both side. Give it some black all around, or your eye could go right out of the frame. Does states follow the old PPA non master rules, or can you do this in a slimline?
Jeff

Tss1203
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure state is following the new guidelines, so I was going to print it slim.

I agree about the sidewalk. Is the whole thing too bright, or just where it comes out of the bottom of the image?

I extracted the two of them from the image of their first kiss during the ceremony. It was the only image I could find that would work :)

Tss1203
01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Jeff, if I emailed the full size image to you, would you be willing to look it over for me? I want someone else to let me know if my editing blends well enough.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi Amy,
Go ahead and send it!
Jeff

Tss1203
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
alright, I'm going thru images trying to find something else to send in. This is from a shoot we did this summer for a hair salon. I have some major cleanup to do, but before I get that far I want to get some opinions on the image.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/twinshutterbugs/gold2-1.jpg

is there ever a point where I will be confident enough to decide my comp images on own?

Rick_Massarini
02-01-2012, 09:32 PM
nice hairdo, but her expression kills it.

Tss1203
02-01-2012, 09:35 PM
elaborate for me Rick......

eta(I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want you hear what about the expression you feel is off)

Rick_Massarini
02-01-2012, 09:47 PM
It's just when I first saw it, my first impression was "duhhhhh"... if you know what I mean...

Avery_Munger
02-02-2012, 01:31 AM
It's just when I first saw it, my first impression was "duhhhhh"... if you know what I mean...

Lol. No, I don't know what you mean. :D

Rick_Massarini
02-02-2012, 03:06 AM
... the head tilted just a little bit downward, eyes looking slightly upward, mouth slightly open with no real expression... it just hit me as kind of a dull expression... There's just no "zing" there...

kristannev
02-02-2012, 03:18 AM
I really like the square crop on this.

It is so hard to decide, isn't it? :)

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 03:34 AM
... the head tilted just a little bit downward, eyes looking slightly upward, mouth slightly open with no real expression... it just hit me as kind of a dull expression... There's no "zing" there...

I think Avery was making a joke ;)

Avery_Munger
02-02-2012, 04:49 AM
I think Avery was making a joke ;)

Indeed. I was making a joke. The way I read Rick's remarks while looking at the photo made me laugh.

In all seriousness... like Rick said, she does seem to have that "blah" sort-of expression. However, aside from the expression, I think the overall shot itself was really well done.

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 05:08 AM
yeah yeah, y'all might be right..... but Im beyond frustrated b/c I cannot find two more images. I gotta send something to print VERY soon.

At least I have some time before districts and IPC!

Rick_Massarini
02-02-2012, 06:02 AM
You should have brought some image with you to the convention - we could have brainstormed and (if we could find some live brain cells) maybe helped you pick out some - and/or we could have grabbed a couple of jurors to help you make the decision - heck, we had about 6 of them helping hang the prints - plus we had a bunch of ASP fellows hanging around on Tuesday waiting to get the crates so they could pack up their displays - we could have put them to work for you...

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I did the mentoring, which was quite helpful...but I still only brought two images, lol!

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 05:28 PM
and I agree, she does have a vacant look. I think it's because we were going for a greek statue kind of thing.

Avery_Munger
02-02-2012, 05:33 PM
and I agree, she does have a vacant look. I think it's because we were going for a greek statue kind of thing.

Now that you mention it... she does have the "Helen of Troy" look to her.

Karen_Walker
02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Amy, I think you may be able to "brighten" her expression a bit. Maybe try lightening the shadows around her eyes and bump up the corners of her mouth with liquify. Please forgive me for taking liberties with your image, I want to see you with a full case!

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Karen, thank you! Let me see what I can do :)

I may possibly try to give her amber colored eyes. Not that she doesn't have gorgeous blue eyes, but amber would go well with the color scheme.

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
and another question-
I know the point is to 'test the water' for district/IPC, but would it be bad to enter an image I entered to IPC last year?

kristannev
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Amy, I maybe wrong but I think you can reenter an image into IPC if it did not merit.

Kristin

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
yep, but I would be entering an image that merited at IPC to my state comp......

Karen_Walker
02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen images entered into our state competition that had been in the district comp earlier.

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm watching the webinar Greg posted for kentucky's print comp and I just saw an image that went Loan last year, lol.

kristannev
02-02-2012, 10:00 PM
The universe was speaking LOL

Rick_Massarini
02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
yep, but I would be entering an image that merited at IPC to my state comp......

Most state competitions have it in their rules that any image that has merited or has received a Seal of Approval at any PPA judging is not eligible for the state competition. I know that we have always had that provision in the PPLA rules. Check your state competition's rules.

As far as PPA goes, any image that has received a merit cannot be entered again in any way shape or form even by another maker. For example, if you merit a print in the Photographic Open competition, your retoucher cannot go back and enter that image in the EI competition as their entry since they did the retouching. Once it merits, it's dead. If you enter a wedding album and it merits, every image in that album is dead forever - none of them can be entered as a separate image nor as a retouching entry in EI ever again.

Tss1203
02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
PPM rules just say a print cannot have been entered into a past ppm comp.

It's not necessarily what I want to do, but if I can't find more images to enter it may be what I do.

Jeff_Dachowski
02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
We have a no merited image rule. It covers scores of 80+ at our state, and merited images at IPC. It does not cover seal of approvals though because it is not a merited print.....yet. Since you can bust a seal, or forget to send your seals in, we allow it. Truth is it affects very few cases in NH.

Jeff

Tss1203
02-03-2012, 01:53 AM
dang, I'll check. I feel like I'd be copping out sending it anyway.

At least IPC isn't until August....