PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this image. Should I bother?

Avery_Munger
01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I was doing a shoot at last year at one of the most amazing libraries I've ever been to. Obviously, I couldn't leave without taking at least one shot. I think this works best as B&W. I attempted to capture the sense of awe of the this grand central room and the ornate detail of the textures. Up until recently I hadn't thought of entering this in competition, but figured I'd throw this out there for some initial feedback on whether I should consider it or not.

http://www.averynathanphoto.com/uploads/image_collection/peabody_comp1.jpg

Rick_Massarini
01-22-2012, 09:43 PM
It's a nice B&W image, and has a nice graphic feel, but it feels cut off, and doesn't really say anything to me. I would place the image in the mid 70's. If it had a title that gave it great meaning, it might go a bit higher...

Fuzzy_Duenkel
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
No center of interest. It needs a lady in red :)

Ron_Jackson
01-22-2012, 10:58 PM
What Fuzzy said. Right now it looks more like acut out segment of a larger image of the whole room. Nice texture but nothing special.

Avery_Munger
01-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah... I agree with all assessments. Probably why I hadn't considered it originally. Thanks for the feedback. Mostly what I like about it IS the textures, so I guess I accomplished that. :)