PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding seperate sessions

pcather
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
A mother hired me to take the senior portraits of her twins. She purchased separate packages for each. Each girl had their own session on a different day a few days apart. Would these be considered two separate sessions in regard to certification rules?

If so, since they are twins they look very much alike. Do I have the opportunity to write notes to the judges to clarify that these are different girls taken during different sessions?

stonestreet
01-18-2012, 04:17 PM
It was still the same client so you can only use one of the images from the session. HOWEVER, you could use one of the images for the complusary images and then one in your general images.

pcather
01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Ok Just to clarify. The rules say "must be from 14 different job assignments." not different clients. I can see how the two sisters could be considered one "assignment" as I was hired at the same time for both by the same person.

But what about this....A woman hires me to take a business portrait of herself and then a year later she hires me to take a Senior pictures of her son. Same client but different assignments. ??????

Sorry if I'm splitting hairs. Just don't want to screw up. :-)

Rick_Massarini
01-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Why risk the possibility that the judges would ask those questions and disqualify your submission? The certification is about professionalism - a lot of it is on the honor system - so if you think that you might be splitting hairs or bending rules - then you probably are. It's better to be safe than sorry. I'd suggest that you just pick some images of another client.

KirkDarling
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
It sure seemed clear to me that it meant different subjects--maybe the wording has changed. but I go with Rick. Don't add any reason to raise a judge's eyebrow.

GregYager
01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Technically speaking you can use them but I agree with Rick. Using them both would give the impression you barely shoot enough to be a business.