PDA

View Full Version : When can we officially announce degree?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
01-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Hiya -

I applied to receive my Craftsman. The Awards & Degrees ceremony is Tuesday night, but I am unable to attend IUSA.

How will I know that my degree application was approved and the degree is official? Do I need to wait until I receive my medallion in the mail ?

Thanks for your help.

Joe_Galioto
01-14-2012, 05:50 PM
christine
if your receiving a degree at this years imaging, i see no reason why you could not put out a press release stating just that. on this date chistine walsh-newton of abc studio will be receiving her craftsman degree at the ppa convention in no
ect ect ect
congrats

Christine_Walsh-Newton
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Joe - it's specifically against the rules to announce it before it's official - that's one of the things that can get you turned down. I just want to play it safe. I'm just trying to figure out when it's "official" so I can blab away. :)

Jack_Reznicki
01-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Joe - it's specifically against the rules to announce it before it's official - that's one of the things that can get you turned down. I just want to play it safe. I'm just trying to figure out when it's "official" so I can blab away. :)

Council approves degrees Monday morning at the Council meeting.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
01-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Thanks Jack, but how do I find out if I was approved for sure? Will they email?

Rick_Massarini
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Announce it ! Your name is listed in the Awards and Degree Ceremony program booklet !
Congratulations !!!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
01-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Thank you Rick!!!

bwalker
01-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Congrats Christine!!

Barry_Hayes
01-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Is there a list of degree recipients posted someplace?

sphimages
01-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Congrats Christine!

George_Hawkins
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Barry, I would think they'd post. Let me know, I can attempt a scan of the printed program, which I brought back. and email you....

Barry_Hayes
01-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi George
Apparently they will be posting it when they finish some updating, but I spoke with Rodney there today and he confirmed that it is official, I did get my MEI degree. YEA me. Thanks for the offer. If you can send me a pdf scan of the program that would be great. I wanted to go but the demons of finance declined to fund the trip.

Nylora_Bruleigh
01-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Barry - I have an extra program. If you want it its yours!
Congratulations!

Barry_Hayes
01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
That would be great. Thanks. Save it for me at convention.

George_Hawkins
01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi George
Apparently they will be posting it when they finish some updating, but I spoke with Rodney there today and he confirmed that it is official, I did get my MEI degree. YEA me. Thanks for the offer. If you can send me a pdf scan of the program that would be great. I wanted to go but the demons of finance declined to fund the trip.

MEI! congratulations!

Steven_Yahr
01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
OK I have the same question as Christine that I would be getting my Craftsmen but also did not attend the convention and have yet to recieve a notification How do I find out if its "official"
Steven Yahr CPP FP

Rick_Massarini
01-22-2012, 04:27 PM
OK I have the same question as Christine that I would be getting my Craftsmen but also did not attend the convention and have yet to recieve a notification How do I find out if its "official"
Steven Yahr CPP FP
Steven,
Your name is on the list of Photographic Craftsman Degree Recipients on the Awards and Degree Ceremony Program booklet.

Steven_Yahr
01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks Rick for responding ,I appreciate the quick feed back
Steven Yahr

RBrogen
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Congrats Christine!

JimGavacs
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
What percentage of members are certified master craftsman ?
I am getting my masters and want some info for my press release.

Karen_Walker
10-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Jim, I'm not sure if this would be an accurate number or not but if I go to the loop and search for members with the criteria of Master of Photography, Craftsman and CPP, I get 627 results. Out of 25,000+ members, that's not too many! Maybe those in the know could verify if that's an accurate statement.

JimGavacs
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Karen,
It looks like 2.5%, that will look good on a press release.
Thanks for your help.
Jim

anabrandt1
01-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Hi - I am receiving mine and while I am leaving today and can not get my award tonight - I believe I am on this amazing list somewhere?

Ana Brandt

And not to be silly but what is the abbreviation for Craftsman is it Cr?

RBrogen
01-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Hello Ana ... CONGRATULATIONS! You would have gotten a letter from PPA telling you that you were going to be receiving your degree Assuming that is the case, technically once the awards are over and degrees are presented you are allowed to make your announcement. They will also have templates for a formal announcement available on the ppa.com website. The Craftsman degree abbreviation is Photog.CR after your name.