PDA

View Full Version : Hands-On PreConvention Class

Sarah_James
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
This is my first Imaging USA convention to attend, and I have signed up for one of the Hands-On pre-convention classes. I read in some of the other threads not to bring your camera to the actual convention classes.

But the Hands-On classes could be either / or. So, any recommendations? Just watch during the hands-on class or bring my camera and go for it?! :)

Angela_Lawson
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Sarah and Welcome!

I've not taken any of the Pre-Con classes, but any other Hands-On classes I have take, want you to bring your camera. For the regular conference there isn't a need, because it's all instruction based, and carrying around the camera just weighs you down. But for the Hands-On, I'd suggest bringing a camera. Even if it's not your DSLR, I'd make sure to have something.

I'm guessing you could contact PPA directly, and they could answer for sure.
Hope that helps.
Angela

George_Hawkins
01-11-2012, 02:08 AM
What/who is the pre-con class? If we can't help suggest, maybe contact the instructor directly. Angela is so correct about carrying a DSLR, unless in to trade show for repair/cleaning offered by some.

Some of the pre-con are truly hands on with camera or computer, and may have as few as 30 attendees, so lets us guess, if we knew instructor.

Sarah_James
01-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Thank you both for your replies! I think ya'll are right: I'll bring one, since it IS a hands-on class. :)

I appreciate you both taking the time to reply!