PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio Reviews at CPS lounge

Jack_Reznicki
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey all,

Me and my fellow Canon Explorers of Light will be doing free portfolio reviews in the Canon CPS lounge at Imaging. Open to all.
I'm tentatively scheduled for 11 to 12 or so on Sunday morning.
I know Joyce Tenneson, who is getting this year's PPA Lifetime Achievement award, will also be reviewing portfolios.
Check it out.

Stephanie_Millner
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Darn, that's awesome! And I can't make it this year. :(

Since you mentioned it - what is, exactly, A Canon Explorer of Light? Who are they, and how are they selected? Actually, this is a question from my husband, who saw the Canon exhibit in Hong Kong and was wondering about the title. I couldn't give him a straight answer.

Jack_Reznicki
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey Steff,

EOL is a Canon program that has about 60 photographers and cinematographers under contract. The program was started in the mid-90's.
I have been an EOL since it's inception. The late Arnold Newman was an Explorer, as is Joyce Tenneson, Harry Benson, Greg Heisler, yadda yadda. Canon will usually only sponsor EOLs for lectures, so if invited to speak at a convention, a school, or an affiliate, Canon usually sponsors us.
You can read more and see who's in the program at http://learn.usa.canon.com/explorers_of_light/eol_home.shtml

BTW, I'll be in Hong Kong the Saturday after Imaging for a few days on my way to speak at Photo World Asia in Manila. If you have it, can you send me the address of where that exhibit is/was? I'll ask at Canon, but if you have it that would probably be quicker.

Thanks.

GregYager
01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I'll take you up on that Jack. I feel like my work is getting a bit lackluster so I'm looking for some suggestions sans sugar coating.

Jack_Reznicki
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I'll take you up on that Jack. I feel like my work is getting a bit lackluster so I'm looking for some suggestions sans sugar coating.

Do come. I've been doing the portfolio reviews at Photoshop World for years and have lots of experience. It will be very different than a PPA affiliated judge's crit.

Stephanie_Millner
01-05-2012, 07:53 AM
There were some photos and somewhere it said EOL in the Canon Building in Hong Kong center. I think it might be on the Kowloon side. It had everything current for Canon (lenses, paper, everything!) as well as special products - cool camera straps, trading cards etc. There was also a special Canon event (to benefit the Thailand Flood Victims) in the Siam Center in Bangkok, which is what I might be thinking of, for the exhibit. We were away for 2 weeks and I get the main city centers confused.

Anyway, there's definitely a very awesome Canon center in Hong Kong.

Jeffrey__Eatley
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Wow, This is a chance of a lifetime. I would love to steal 10 minutes of your time. I will be there Sunday and Monday

Jack_Reznicki
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm switching time slots with Joyce Tenneson. I'll now be covering 2:00 to 3:30 in the CPS lounge on Sunday along with Denis Reggie. Joyce will be doing my 11:00 slot.
So come catch me at 2.

Erin_L._Clark
01-06-2012, 11:51 PM
thanks Jack for donating your time- are those the only two hours they are doing the reviews? Guess I need to gather a few images together for reviewing.

Jack_Reznicki
01-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Happy to do it any time, but looks like they couldn't switch my times. I'll be there at the original 11am and probably leaving early at noon to get to the past presidents meeting.
But I 'll probably wander back at 2 and hang out at the CPS lounge, wherever it is. If you miss me during those times Erin, send me an email and I 'll be at the lounge when our schedules mesh.
I'll also be doing a lecture on Lighting and Perception at 12:30 both Monday and Tuesday in the Canon booth in the trade show.

Jack_Reznicki
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, and no, those are not the only hours for the reviews. They will be going on in the CPP lounge all during trade show hours, with a lot of Canon EOLs doing the reviews. Even Nikon shooters are welcome. But maybe not as much as Canon shooters (lol).