PDA

View Full Version : Who get's the buddy pass first?

Kris_Stone
12-31-2011, 09:39 PM
So... my Dad signed both himself and I up so we could get the buddy pass deal. Will he get my pass or will I get one of my own in the mail? How does this work? Thanks!

Zack_Davis
01-01-2012, 12:07 AM
If you didn't sign up soon enough you won't get it in the mail. Also if you did but you just somehow don't get it you can just go to registration and get your badges there. :)

Kris_Stone
01-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks Zach!

Well, My Dad signed us up a few months ago. He's still waiting for the orange envelope :D. I'm just curious if he will have both of ours, or if we will get them separately. (I'm too excited to wait and find out, sorry for my impatience :D).

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
He should receive both yours and his :)

pweatherington
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I was told by PPA staff in Nov that each person's buddy pass is mailed directly to them. Still waiting to see if that is so as I haven't received mine yet.

cat_broderick
01-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Did you get a confirmation email? Each one of us got our own confirmation email for our 3 person pass. Havent received the physical one yet though.

Cassandra_Sullivan
01-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Usually the person who actually purchased it gets all the passes. That's been my experience.

George_Hawkins
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
My badge had not arrived when I am now not home. I had emailed CS @PPA, and they replied that badges can be printed on site..........

Angela_Peacock
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I got my "special" badges. LOL
I am a newbie so I guess that is why they are different. Not sure why, but they sent me two. :o/
Really looking forward to this!!

Ed_Sharp
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
It used to be they would mail both passes to the main purchaser and the original purchaser would then send the buddy their pass, now they send passes/packets to each person at the addresses they registered with. This year I registered Nov 30th and my packet was mailed last Tuesday. I expect many little orange packets will be bringing post Christmas joy to many mailboxes in the next few days. The cool Marathon IUSA luggage tags should be here soon too I would imagine:)

Ed_Sharp
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Make sure you check out the little "ribbons" at the registration area that you can stick to your badge. They have them for many different statuses like new PPA member,first time at IUSA,certified,etc and there is also one for OurPPA.

I got my "special" badges. LOL
I am a newbie so I guess that is why they are different. Not sure why, but they sent me two. :o/
Really looking forward to this!!

Angela_Peacock
01-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Make sure you check out the little "ribbons" at the registration area that you can stick to your badge. They have them for many different statuses like new PPA member,first time at IUSA,certified,etc and there is also one for OurPPA.

Awesome! Thanks Ed!

Ed_Sharp
01-07-2012, 05:39 PM
...and I now stand corrected. I just recieved my orange packet and my buddy's badge was sent to me also. Lasy year my buddy's badge was sent directly to him, the year before I was the buddy and they sent both to her. Just when I think I have it figured out...
In the end the passes will get to their righful owners so all is good.:D

Cassandra_Sullivan
01-08-2012, 04:36 AM
that's funny - in past years my pass was sent to my buddy who purchased them. This year, I got mine sent directly to me (even tho it was my buddy who purchased it).