PDA

View Full Version : 1st time ever to PPA

Jonathan_Sloan
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Can anyone give the new comer any advise about what I should bring?

Roger_Williams
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Can anyone give the new comer any advise about what I should bring?

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. I presume you are talking about Imaging. You will need to bring a lot of note taking material. For the trade show, you will need really good walking shoes and very deep pockets. There are always a lot of really good deals to spend your money on. Finally, bring your outgoing personality because the more photographers you can talk with, the more new friends you will have. :D

The days are long, the possibilities endless and you will come away with so many new ideas that your head will spin. Have fun and we will see you there.

Roger

Jonathan_Sloan
12-12-2011, 05:48 PM
:-) Thank you Roger! I just didn't want to look like the new kid at school looking goofy and all with my camera in my hand wearing jeans and a t-shirt. :-) But hey, I'm the new kid so this should be fun!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Leave the big camera at home lol... it will only hold you down! I only took my DSLR once, never made that mistake again! If you want pictures, pack a small point and shoot :)

Jonathan_Sloan
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Sweet! Now I'm learning not to be a nerd! :-) Thanks Cindi! I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time!

Roger_Williams
12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Also, some of the conference rooms can get warm so dress in layers.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Your in for a real treat Jonathan! Don't forget to bring your walking shoes cause you'll be doing lots of that :)

Linda_Gregory
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I took my camera. Used it when I had spare time around Miami but some presenters do not like you to photograph (and NO videotaping) their presentations so leave the camera in your pocket. :)

Go with an empty head and full pockets and reverse that but beware getting your purchases home! The background I bought had to be hand carried because it made my luggage too heavy and all the literature is very heavy.