View Full Version : Should I wait...

11-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I am getting ready to add another lens to my bag, and it just dawned on me, since there will the be the expo, maybe I should wait? Would I, could I get a better deal on my lens if I waited?

11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
...probably not. They're kind of fixed in price worldwide.

11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I would check out the prices in the Trade Show at Imaging. Prices can vary quite a bit from one vendor to another right down the aisle in the trade show. A couple of years ago, I bought a 24-105 in the trade show, and there was a $300 difference between the prices given by two different vendors. As a starting point, check out Dury's. They were $300 lower for the same item - USA official import with the same warranty.

11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
OK, I'll wait to see if I can get a deal, and if not, I'll either pick one up at the trade show, or just support a vendor online or at home. So excited! Thanks Stephanie and Rick!

11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I usually recommend Dury's in Nashville. They're long time PPLA supporters and always exhibit at our state convention trade show, they support the state association by sponsoring speakers for PPLA, they consistently beat the bigger box houses on price, and you can't beat them for service - you're not just a number with them - Ron Rice and Robert Parks are great guys and will help you any way they can.