PDA

View Full Version : Thank you !!!

Rick_Massarini
11-22-2011, 05:12 AM
THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU !

I just wanted to post an advance Thank You to all of those who have volunteered their time to help set up this year’s International Photographic Exhibit at Imaging this year in New Orleans. I’m sure that none of the PEC members will have a problem with my saying a big THANK YOU for them in advance !!!

Volunteers:

Dori Arnold
Robby Bishop
Cathleen Broderick
Tim and Terri Eddington
Carol and Jim Fabrizio
Charleen Fausterman
Ron Jackson
Angela Lawson
Randy McNeilly
Cindy Romano
Ed Sharp
John Shipman
Joel Treadwell
Jessica Vogel
Greg and Cindy Yager
Chris Whipple

Preliminary schedule - the times are not yet chiseled in stone, but this is the usual schedule:
The set-up will start at noon on Saturday, January 14. We’ll divide the volunteers into three groups starting on different parts of the exhibit. If everything goes according to plan, I expect it to take no more than about 3 hours to set up the exhibit.
The tear-down is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan 17 after lunch. It should take us no more than 2 hours to take down the exhibit and pack everything up. This will allow enough time for those who need to get to the hotel for the pre-awards ceremony photo session to change clothes and get to the hotel.

All of the PEC volunteers will soon be receiving additional information from our PEC Administrator, Colleen Cronin.

Thanks again for all of your help - we couldn‘t do it without you!

Angela_Lawson
11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Looking forward to helping again this year. BTW, anyone going past the Queen and Cresent hotel and want to give me a lift? :)

Ed_Sharp
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I can't think of a better way to get a head start on checking out the exhibit.

Linda_Gregory
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I WANT ON THAT LIST............................but won't be there. *sigh*

Angela_Lawson
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Awwww Linda - one of these days you are going to make it when I am going so we can meet! :(

Ron_Jackson
11-22-2011, 08:15 PM
I want to hang the digital prints.

Tss1203
11-22-2011, 08:50 PM
I finally remembered to email Colleen today, so Todd and I will be there as well. Can't wait, I heard I missed quite the good time during set up last year ;)

J_Davidson
11-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Is it too late to volenteer?! I did it last year and I'm coming this year, and really want to do it again.

Angela_Lawson
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Jill - email Colleen Cronin at PPA. She's in charge, and can tell you if they need more volunteers. I'm betting there's still room. Hope to see you there!

J_Davidson
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok, I'll do that, I think I have her email address.

Thanks!

Jill

Rick_Massarini
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Just FYI... the print exhibit will be much smaller this year than it has been in the past - half the images at this year's IPC were entered digitally - so given that, the number of prints to hang this year is about half of what we had last year (the other half are digital files) - that is why I expect the set-up and take down to go much quicker than in previous years. We also have to set up the digital display equipment too.

GregYager
11-23-2011, 08:07 PM
We also have to set up the digital display equipment too.

I do believe Ron has volunteered for that. :)

J_Davidson
11-26-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll be there with bells on!

Rick_Massarini
11-26-2011, 04:13 AM
I'll be there with bells on!
....with bells on......sounds like you're planning on spending Friday night down in the Quarter...

J_Davidson
11-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Rick, you never know with me!

The Quarter, and a ton of other places are on my MUST see list. Who knows how many classes I'll make it to. lol

Rick_Massarini
11-27-2011, 03:37 AM
The Quarter, and a ton of other places are on my MUST see list...

I'd love to see your list of places to see down here - there's probably things on your list that I've never seen, and I've lived here my whole life - there's always things that you walk by all the time but just never really see - just because you live here...

... every year someone hangs a photo of Bourbon Street or the mules and carriages in Jackson Square - but those who live here never photograph that because it's just so commonplace to them because they live here...

J_Davidson
11-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Burbon and Jackson Square are on my list, but just for personal things, not competition.

I have a ton of food places, and a lot of places out of town. I'm a back roads, hole in the wall kind of girl. The rattier and knarlier the better.

Rick_Massarini
11-28-2011, 05:15 AM
The rattier and knarlier the better.

I can't think of a better description of most of New Orleans !!!

J_Davidson
11-29-2011, 03:53 AM
I don't mean of NOLA proper. I'm planning on going outside of town too. I have an ex boyfriend with family there, and they are going to take me about to other places.

I am super fond of old broken down buildings, trees with moss. Gritty scenes.

Rick_Massarini
01-18-2012, 11:39 PM
I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU again to all of those who helped to set up and take down this year's International Photographic Exhibit at Imaging.

You all know who you are. I just wanted to post this THANK YOU on behalf of the PPA-Photographic Exhibition Committee (again, I'm not a PEC member, but I don't believe that they would have any problems with me speaking for them on this). It takes a lot of effort to get this exhibit set up and then taken down and packed up - and we could not have done it without you. Thanks soooooo much ! Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

I'll edit this note a bit later when I get the list of everyone who was there. I would post the names, but I don't want to leave anyone out - so this paragraph will be replaced by a list of the names as soon as I get them.

THANKS again to everyone.

Ed_Sharp
01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Whatever thanking you do needs to be redirected right back to you 10 times over.

Angela_Lawson
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
I second that Ed! And to all that were there...I had a great time again this year. Looking forward to it again next year! I think we might have to start calling ourselves the "REALLY?!!! GREAT Print Crew" LOL! I'll make buttons! Hugs to all - you know who you are!!! ;-)

Rick_Massarini
01-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Here is the list of volunteers who helped the Photographic Exhibition Committee set up and take down the exhibit this year.

I've edited my original post and added (PEC Juror) to the names of those who are approved jurors so that you know which of those you worked with are judges.

Thank you, everyone !!!

Set up:

Cindy & Greg Yager
Ed Sharp
John Shipman
Robby Bishop
Amy & Todd Feick
Angela Lawson
Nancy Green
Andy Joliat
Cathy Broderick
Rene & Joan Genest (PEC Jurors)
Susan Stevison
Tim & Terri Eddington
Charlene Faustermann
Joel Treadwell
Chris Whipple
Barbara Yonts (PEC Juror)
Jessica Vogel (PEC Juror)
Randy McNeilly (PEC Juror)
Dwight Okumoto (PEC Juror)
Rick Massarini

Take Down:

Robert Bishop
Joel Treadwell
Rene & Joan Genest (PEC Jurors)
Tim & Terri Eddington
Dori Arnold (PEC Juror)
Amy & Todd Feick
Carol Fabrizio
Cindy & Greg Yager
Angela Lawson
Patty Geist (PEC Juror)
Charlene Faustermann
Susan Stevison
Dwight Okomoto (PEC Juror)
Chirs Whipple
John Shipman
Ed Sharp
Rick Massarini

We had a great crew !

Thanks again to everyone who helped this year.

Angela_Lawson
01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Had a great time! Planning on next year, so count me in!