PDA

View Full Version : Print case return?

digitalmontana
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
I still have not received my print case from IPC. Who do I need to speak with to solve this mystery?

Rick_Massarini
11-09-2011, 02:23 AM
You will not receive your print case back until after your accepted images have been exhibited at Imaging in January. You can expect your case to be returned probably sometime in March. You will receive your three General Exhibit prints back in your case. The one that was selected for the Loan collection will not be returned to you but will be permanently retained by PPA. Congratulations on your Silver Medal !

GregYager
11-09-2011, 02:24 AM
If any of the prints received merits it won't come back til Imaging is complete.

Heather_L._Smith
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
This next year I'm actually going to send my images in a cardboard box so I don't have to worry about getting my case back!

GregYager
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm considering that too Heather because I only see my case 2 weeks out of the year. When it returns in March I have about a week to send it off to District. By the time it returns from there I have about a week to send it off to IPC and then it's gone til the following March.

Heather_L._Smith
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I hear ya, Greg. I don't need those prints back, so it's just one less thing to stress about if I send it in a "disposable" case.

Keith_A_Howe
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
We always send our prints in a box, ever since we've had the option. No matter how careful the print handlers are, there is no way those prints will come back in displayable condition. I can understand the sentimental value of having your actual first merit print , but after a few years of it sitting in the basement, you'll wonder why you are still hanging on to it.

Keith

GregYager
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
...I can understand the sentimental value of having your actual first merit print , but after a few years of it sitting in the basement, you'll wonder why you are still hanging on to it.

Keith

This is my situation. Received my first two print merits so I do wanna keep those but from that point on it's really kinda pointless.

I need to apply that thought process to my studio samples as well. I'm one of those guys that has a closet full of old samples that I'll never display again but I just can't make myself toss 'em out. Think I may just do that today.

Keith_A_Howe
11-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Greg, I bet you have about 12 years of old photography magazines stored under the bed too don't you?

NO! I do not mean that kind of photography magazine. Thought I better clear that up before Howard chimes in.

Keith

digitalmontana
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for that information and the other comments as well. I guess this means I will buy another print case. I see that I'm not the only one in this dilemma. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that all of my images scored and quit complaining...heh :)

GregYager
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Greg, I bet you have about 12 years of old photography magazines stored under the bed too don't you?

Keith

I can't lie. Yes I do. I still have Photovision on VHS too. I'm probably in dire need of an intervention.

Anne_Companion
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I came looking for a thread on this subject today and was happy to see that so many of you are just using a plain cardboard box! This will be my first year entering print competition and I was already stressing some over the cost of prints + entry fees, then when I saw that the least expensive cases were $120 I was about ready to throw in the towel! I think I will just use a plain box. :)

Rick_Massarini
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
The only consideration is that if you do not use an approved print case, your prints will NOT be returned to you. If you send them in a cardboard box, they will be tossed after the competition. If you want your prints returned to you, they must be submitted in a reusable approved print case.

Stephanie_Millner
02-04-2012, 09:17 PM
He does, Keith. But he only looks at em' for the lighting.

Rick_Massarini
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
... and the articles ...