PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Video of my PhotoExpo lecture

Jack_Reznicki
10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey all,

For those going and not going to PhotoExpo in NY this week, I'll be in the Canon booth stage Saturday @ 1pm.
Canon will be doing a live video streaming of my talk at
http://tinyurl.com/3wrp83d

Check it out if you get a chance.
I'll be talking about light and perception.

Jeff_Dachowski
10-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Jack,
Are you going to be anywhere near the expo on Thursday?
Jeff

Jack_Reznicki
10-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Should be around all three days. Lotta rain expected Thursday.

Jack_Reznicki
10-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Just found out it's not a lecture scheduled, but rather a model shoot. Even more fun.

David_Schneider
10-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Jack,

They've changed the name of this so many times from PhotoExpoEast to what it is today. It's now PhotoPlus, not PhotoExpo. That was so two years ago. lol I was there today and will go to the Hassie/Bron Imaging workshops on Friday.

Thanks for posting the link. I'll try to watch. Canon has all sorts of models around so you'll have fun.

Canon had a really big chunk of real estate for sure, but I loved the Leica booth. All the reps were in dark suits and red ties. Very classy. That was subtle branding and marketing.

Michael_Gan
10-28-2011, 01:43 AM
I think it's now called "PhotoPlus/WPPI East"

Jack_Reznicki
10-29-2011, 03:07 AM
I still remember the first one that started in the basement of the Sheraton Hotel.

I also have to correct, I'm not doing a lecture as I thought, but rather a shoot with models. Even more fun.

David_Schneider
10-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Jack,

Quality of video and the sound was excellent. You were really good. Brandi was extremely annoying. Chubby guy on stage with tan pants and jacket, crazy shoes should tuck in his shirt so he doesn't look so sloppy. You looked professional. Brandi looked perfect. He looked like a schlubb.

Brandi obviously was there as a constant commercial, primarily for 7D. But did find it strange she only mentioned aps-size senor once.

And if they want to show how good the camera and printer is, take a landscape or group shot and print something other than a single full frame of a single head. A single head is the easiest subject for a large print as software fills in any missing pixels easily. But, hey, it's on-stage and they are there to sell product so they have limitations.

Nice job.

Jack_Reznicki
10-30-2011, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback David.
It's always a fun gig.

Years ago, when they first started doing stage shoots, Canon would hire just three of us for all day- me, Douglas Kirkland, and Monte Zucker. That was always great fun.
Now they spread it out and everyone basically gets 1 session.
Basically, you get your time and then when it comes you jump on stage and start.
Canon hires everyone and all I have to do is show up. Models and props are put together with a wonderful stylist (and photographer) named Vered.
I just wish I could use my lights and banks.

Glad to hear it the video and sound came across so well. And thrilled to hear there was at least one viewer out there (LOL)

Rick_Massarini
10-30-2011, 04:39 AM
I missed it - I clicked in right when Bruce Dorn was starting up. Was it recorded for post program download or was it live view only ?

GregYager
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I ended up missing it too. Would love to know it was recorded.

David_Schneider
10-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Jack,

I did think it was interesting how they (or Brandi) made your presentation so much of commercial, but I don't remember them jumping in on that travel guy showing is pix of Antarctica and eagles and stuff (but I was away from computer much of the time).

For me, the most interesting part of your demo was using a black reflector. I have to say, I've never done that. I'm not sure I've even thought about doing that, honestly. lol I've only used the black as a gobo of some kind, usually outdoors to block sun.

But quality and sound and the presenter were first class.