PDA

View Full Version : summer shootout

pkmuthu
09-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Does anyone know whether merits are awarded for the summer shootout competition that maybe applied towards the masters degree?

Rick_Massarini
09-06-2011, 05:16 AM
There are no PPA exhibition merits awarded in the Summer Shootout contest. The Summer Shootout awards monetary prizes only.

In the Summer Shootout contest, you are allowed to enter up to 20 images to be judged.
At the District level and at the International Photographic Competition level, the maximum number of images you may submit is 4 per year towards the Master of Photography Degree.

The only place where a PPA Exhibition merit can be earned is by having an image accepted for exhibition at the PPA International Convention (Imaging USA). You can achieve this by entering the image either directly to the International Photographic Competition (IPC) and having it accepted there, or by sending it to one of the five PPA District Competitions, having it receive a "Seal of Approval" and subsequently sending it to the next IPC. In any case, an image must be sent to the IPC in order to receive an exhibition merit, and you can enter only 4 per year.

pkmuthu
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Thank you very much for providing this valuable information.

Cameraboy43
09-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I submitted a few of my images to the Summer Shootout contest. I found 2 more images I would like to enter, but having trouble doing so. Do I need to reregister? Thanks.

Edward