PDA

View Full Version : NO SWPPA judges!!! :)

Suzy_Roberts
07-31-2011, 02:55 AM
thoughts?? I've got a few others in this series that I like as well...
I'm assuming, the judges will get me on the elbow...I might be able to get the elbow from another shot and composite...

Other thoughts??? Pretty please and thank you!!

Oh the theme of the session was "fall/autumn"...I've not figured out a name just yet...so if you feel creative and want to throw out a few names...by all means LMK! :)

Suzy_Roberts
07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Bump for the morning crowd! :)

Jackie_Haggerty
07-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Have just a few minutes, so here's a couple of thoughts for you....

I like it.... good job on the delicacy of her hands and the beautiful colors throughout it.

There are a couple of things that bother me about it that could be addressed. First, her hand on the right seems larger than normal to me, comparing it to the one on her neck. Also, my eyes keep swirling around the circle but never seem to fall on her face quite long enough. This could be helped by bringing the tone down of the circular area so her face is framed by the circle rather than traveling around the circle so much.

Hope this helps!

GregYager
08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
I've been a fan of your work for a while Suzy and I still love it but this ones just not hittin me. I'm not sure if it's the center composition or what but something just doesn't strike me the way your other work does. Now on the other hand if you're planning on heavy enhancements then that could make a world of difference. It's still a great image but my gut tells me you've got better.

Keith_A_Howe
08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Suzy
Nice image though there are some things that are bothering me. First this is a very small file to cc so some things might not actually be an issue if I were looking at it bigger. First consider flipping the image, remember we read into an image from upper left to lower right. It is stronger IMO flipped. Next there are some spots in her arms that look orange. Is this done on purpose to go with the image or is it a color shift OR is it just a result of the small file? I am with Jackie in that I see size distortion between her left forarm and hand compared to the right. I am also seeing something funky around her left forearm that is leaving a cutout feeling. Look at the shadows below her left elbow, are they a smooth gradiant or are they breaking up and falling apart? Again this could be the small file. As for your concern about the elbow,,, I am assuming your talking about the image cropping off her elbow? I have no problems with that. Infact I think it could be cropped a bit tighter.
Sorry for the quick CC but thats my time for today.
Keith