PDA

View Full Version : CPP exam in Texas before 2012?

Chris_Keating
07-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone,
I am a new PPA member and want to become certified before 2012. the reason is I want to put myself on a deadline. anyway, I have searched and nothing came up for texas. If anyone knows of a test date for me please let me know. Thank you!

ChontelleBrown
07-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Chris,
I have found that often times the exam is offered at state conventions or schools but not listed on the CPP website. That may be one avenue for you.

I also recommend contacting the liaison nearest you and asking if he/she has plans to offer the exam. Speaking personally, if someone had an interest in taking the exam or getting a group together to take the exam, I would be willing to schedule it.

Third option, the exam is offered in many other locations. Want to come to Florida in September? Greg is offering in August in KY. The exam is also offered multiple times at Imaging in January.

Congratulations on your desire to become certified.

Best of luck,
Chontelle

gretajacobs
07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Chris

I was told at the Certification Prep class at Imaging in January that if you request an exam from a state liaison they would schedule one for you. You should give them at least 60 days to request it from PPA, advertise it to other test takers, etc.

You can also take it at SWPPA in Arlington in September/October. And the Houston Guild will probably offer it in December at our first ever convention!

Good Luck!