PDA

View Full Version : Split cases

GregYager
06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
My case was split down the middle, 2 merit prints and 2 non merit prints. Do they hold the 2 non merits until after imaging and ship them together or do they ship them separately so we can sell them?

Cindy had 4 nice images but none merited. I wonder if someone could be talked into putting my 2 in her case if the plan is to hold them.

Rick_Massarini
06-20-2011, 10:37 PM
If you had any images accepted for exhibition, your case will be held until after the prints are exhibited at Imaging in January. You'll probably get your case back sometime after the convention - usually it's somewhere in the March time frame...

You can always ask for special handling - if the cases are right behind each other numerically, if they are sending all of Cindy's prints back to her, they might be able to toss yours in the case and make a note that there are two prints already returned and put that in your case. It never hurts to ask...

GregYager
06-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks Rick. I'll call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Joe_Campanellie
06-21-2011, 03:23 AM
I'll get my print case back pretty quick...but no prints in it. But, that's a really good thing in my situation!

GregYager
06-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Oh listen at you brag.

Great job on goin loan all the way Joe.(it helps to justify the taxidermy bill) :)

Mark_McCall
06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Greg, I usually don't get my case back until April after January's convention. FYI

Keith_A_Howe
06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
I think you are asking for a lot to expect special sorting for your unmerited prints. True if your case numbers are very close it's probably no big deal to sort through the prints and find yours and then search for your wife's. But if they make an acception for you they open the door to everyone. Imagine 50 or 60 members calling and asking for special sorting and shipping.

Also, like has been talked about many many times on this forum, it is unrealistic to expect a print to come back from competition in saleable condition. In 30 years I've never got a print back that I would feel comfortable having hang in a clients home. There are always dings, scuffs or scratches. That's why we just send ours in a box. We don't really want those less then perfect condition prints hanging in our studio.

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Keith is right...we don't usually re-use the prints either. You figure some of them may have been through three or four competitions by the time they get back to you.

What I can't decide is what to do with mt old competition prints. Don't have the heart to just throw them out. Quite a history in the collection of prints I have.

Joe_Campanellie
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah...that taxidermy bill was pretty high this year too!