PDA

View Full Version : Hurry up and wait ...

JohnHeckler
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
... for the results of IPC! Its going to kill me given we won't know anything until somewhere around the 3rd week of June :(

I had two goals for this year's competition ... to earn enough exhibition merits to complete my requirements for M.Photog and to do it by going 4/4 at IPC.

Results in T-45 days (approximately) ...

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Is it time to start hating cases yet? ;)

ChontelleBrown
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Results in T-45 days (approximately) ...

I prefer to count the weeks....it's a smaller number. ;)

J_Davidson
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
^ What Chontelle said.....

JohnHeckler
05-05-2011, 06:02 PM
ok fine! ;) T-6wks :)

Jeff_Dachowski
05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
John,
Seriously? You had 3 out of 4 seal. What is going to be your big surpise? That a fourth image went blue? You already know 75% of the results and the suspense is killing you? Come on now!

Allright, I admit it...you beat me to this post this year!
Jeff

ChontelleBrown
05-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm much more anxious this year with 3 seals than last year with 2....so close, yet so far away from 4/4. :)

Good luck John, hope you earn your Masters.

Angela_Lawson
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
LOL - I've got to chuckle, since I'm still trying to put together my case...yep, pushing that deadline. But I promised myself that even if I didn't feel like I had anything worth entering, I'd do it anyway. Sorta promised Keith I'd do it too, soooo guys, so far I only have two, and I already hate my case. Jeff, how bout some "hating" from you?! Please!!!

Jeff_Dachowski
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
LOL - I've got to chuckle, since I'm still trying to put together my case...yep, pushing that deadline. But I promised myself that even if I didn't feel like I had anything worth entering, I'd do it anyway. Sorta promised Keith I'd do it too, soooo guys, so far I only have two, and I already hate my case. Jeff, how bout some "hating" from you?! Please!!!

Angela,
Do you remember in march, I started my Case thread. My case did ok in NH, but only saw 2 seals from Northest. Wait...maybe I need to start a new thread for each comp??

Maybe my 2 seals at Northest is proof that I need to do this!
Jef

JohnHeckler
05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, I definitely hated my case this year, so there must be something to it ;) Almost went 4/4 at NE, but lost the 4th during ins/outs and dropped to 79 :(

I substituted that one with a multi-maker wedding album for IPC, so now ....

... its hurry up and wait :)

Stephanie_Millner
05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, I have a fun lil' surprise waiting... Once again, seeing if my case ARRIVED. Just checked the tracking #... "Label/Receipt Number: ___ There is no record of this item."

Insert expletives here.

Joe_Campanellie
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM

I try to just not think about it and it will be here sooner than you think. Time flies when you're having fun! Of course a lot of the pressure is off since I went 4/4 at SEPPA. Been a very long time since I managed that. Anything else that may happen is just icing on the cake for this year.

Joe_Campanellie
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Been there and done that Steff...two years in a row with US Post Office and my case went MIA. Switched to Fed Ex last year and no problems. Not only that...the post office was charging me anywhere from $30 to $40. Fed Ex is only about $10 for me.

Keith_A_Howe
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM

And thanks to you I will be counting it down in jars of jam! What a great surprise. Thanks a million!

Keith

Sarah_Johnston
05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't think the anxious pins and needles ever go away! Like Joe I managed 4/4 but now it is cross fingers for Loan. As long as there is a higher goal to be achieved, this feeling will continue. Then if you are fortunate enough to earn the highest of Honors the pressure is REALLY on for the next year. It is all ion the fun of Photographic Image Competition!!! and I love most every minute of it!!! I hope you all do too!!!!

JohnHeckler
05-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, I have a fun lil' surprise waiting... Once again, seeing if my case ARRIVED. Just checked the tracking #... "Label/Receipt Number: ___ There is no record of this item."

Insert expletives here.

Man Steph, I hope it doesn't go down that way for you ... how bogus would that be!? Hopefully its still working its way thru the system ...

ChontelleBrown
05-06-2011, 02:29 AM
And thanks to you I will be counting it down in jars of jam! What a great surprise. Thanks a million!

Keith

You are welcome. It is the least I could do....I hope you and Holly enjoy.

The package art was done by Chesney. :)

Christine_Walsh-Newton
05-06-2011, 02:44 AM
The pressure is off me, too, since I went 4/4 at Northeast. I'm glad, because waiting for IPC results last year was a killer.

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-06-2011, 03:37 AM

Insert expletives here.

Aww, Steff - maybe you should just go all digital while in Rome.

Rick_Massarini
05-06-2011, 05:48 AM

Insert expletives here.

Well, in the line of consolation, if your case does disappear and never reaches the judging, the PEC will still have the full size digital files that you had to upload, so if it's truly lost in shipping, they can probably make arrangements to switch your entries from prints to files so you'll still be able to get the images judged...

Stephanie_Millner
05-06-2011, 06:08 AM
I re-ran the tracking number last night. It got there! Hooray!

Sarah_Johnston
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah Stephanie! I am so glad it made it!!

Keith_A_Howe
05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Holly and I shipped our cases at the same exact time. One got there day before yesterday, the other is not there yet.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
05-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Well now Fedex is showing they both got there at the same time. So if I just get my EI prints out today (already reprinted one twice and am awaiting the third print as I type) then it will all be good.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Third case - well box actually - is shipped. I don't get to judge IPC this year so I will have to wait along with everybody else. Getting close to my 4th degree so this year more then most I will be anxious.

Keith