PDA

View Full Version : still need 2 more

Tss1203
04-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm still trying to find and/or create 2 more images for IPC. I should have probably selected backup images before districts but I just couldn't think that far in advance. I'm having a complete creative block right now and it's annoying me.

Just want to air my frustrations.

JohnHeckler
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Browse thru a Loan book or Showcase book for inspiration. Goto the ASP website and look thru the gallery.

Good luck! Been there, done that :)

Tss1203
05-05-2011, 08:11 PM
..aaaannnddd, I *still* haven't decided. Only a few days left and I'm at a complete loss still. I may just use the two from districts, but I really didn't want to send those in. IDK, we shall see.

Angela_Lawson
05-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Amy,

I just posted on another thread, that I'm pushing that deadline too. I didn't send to districts (lots of reasons), but I promised myself, and Keith, that I'd enter this year, even if I don't really feel like they are merit worthy. I however have become my own worst critic, so maybe... Well, at least it will be a learning experience, right?!

Linda_Gregory
05-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I dropped the ball yet again, three year's running. I have switched from when I started competition and my focus is portraiture....and a lot more difficult than the other genres I had mastered before.

I'm way too late for prints and not willing to enter digitally so...going to AGAIN vow to start earlier for next year.

Sarah_Johnston
05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
LINDA!!!! Shame on you! I may have to make it a mission to kick you in the behind to get you going next season!!

Amy, how did the ones from District score? I have sent ones that did not seal but came close and had them hang at National. Different panels see things different. SO unless they scored low 70's or you have found some new images I would send them to fill the case. WHat do you have to loose!

Rick_Massarini
05-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Linda - it's still NOT too late !!! The late deadline is not until the 10th - so you still have time !

Tss1203
05-06-2011, 01:32 AM
LINDA!!!! Shame on you! I may have to make it a mission to kick you in the behind to get you going next season!!

Amy, how did the ones from District score? I have sent ones that did not seal but came close and had them hang at National. Different panels see things different. SO unless they scored low 70's or you have found some new images I would send them to fill the case. WHat do you have to loose!

two images got seals, and the other two got a 78 & 77. I may just end up sending them in.

I have a maternity session on Sunday and I'm hoping to try to get something then. I'm going to try to redo an image I liked but it needed improving. We'll see. Nothin' like cutting it close, right!

Linda_Gregory
05-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Sarah, that may be JUST what I need! but a little earlier in the year? :)

Rick, it is too late by the time I choose, artwork, have printed and shipped...am going to take the plea that my husband has been ill and has pulled me away this past month from concentrating on competition.

IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE I should have started much earlier but this past month has been rather stressful. He had to go to western Kansas today, leave at 5 for a 9 am court appearance and I was not letting him go alone so..that took THIS day out of the studio line up!

Tss1203
05-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Angela, I'm holding you to that! You can do it :)

I'm the same way though. I have a hard time seeing the worth in my images, if that makes sense.

DianeDavis
05-06-2011, 04:03 AM
I dropped the ball yet again, three year's running. I have switched from when I started competition and my focus is portraiture....and a lot more difficult than the other genres I had mastered before.

I'm way too late for prints and not willing to enter digitally so...going to AGAIN vow to start earlier for next year.

So glad I'm not alone.

suebird
05-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Gun photo.... Play with...go raw...gritty in post production.....i think it is hilarious, grab a great name....it's so different and offf the cufff.....almost saturday live'ish'

My 2 cents ( which are at par now in the canadian economy) ;)