PDA

View Full Version : wow- I missed the IPC deadline :(

Erin_L._Clark
04-28-2011, 04:22 AM
Yes, leave it to me- I seriously push the envelope on deadlines- but honestly- I was filling everything out and ready to pay prior to midnight and the server hung up - making me pay the additional 60 bucks.... :mad:

Rick_Massarini
04-28-2011, 04:39 AM
I got mine in at 10:30 Central time - that's 11:30 Eastern - 30 minutes before the deadline...

GregYager
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I got mine uploaded at 10:22 Eastern time and Cindy's at 11:39 Eastern time. My case number was 1071 and hers was 1681. If these are done sequentially then that means there was over 600 cases entered in that hour!

Joe_Campanellie
04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I did mine last week...just in case I had problems uploading. I would imagine with all this bad weather that some folks may have had problems with getting their images registered and uploaded before the deadline. Kind of hard to do that if you have no electricity.

Tss1203
04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I hate paying more, but I still have no idea what other 2 images to submit so I missed the deadline too. I probably need to figure it out soon, lol!

tnhillbillytoo
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I had no electricity. Such a bummer :/

Mark_Levesque
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
They are definitely not sequential, Greg. I got mine done at 7:57 ET and I'm in the 1400s.

Rick_Massarini
04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Unless they changed things this year, the numbering is usually sequential. The numbering starts at 1001 and goes up from there - the last number is the last case that was entered. If they were not sequential, we would see groups of numbers with open spaces of missing numbers in between - but we don't.
Non Masters start at 1001 and go up from there , Masters start with 4001, and Electronic Imaging starts at 3001 and goes up.

I've suggested several times that they change the numbering system somewhat so that the print handling could be streamlined a bit to numerically separate the critique images from the non-critique images and the ASP Masters from the non ASP Masters, but my suggestions would require a lot of programming time and a lot of changes in the format of the entry programming in that if you were requesting a critique, and if you were an ASP Master would also have to become filtering elements to determine which group you would fall into... Right now, it's only separated by Master and Non Master - Non Masters cases fall in the 1000's, EI in the 3000's and Masters in the 4000's.
My suggested numbering would look something like...
1000 - Non Masters - Critique requested
2000 - Non Masters - No Critique requested
4000 - Masters - Critique requested
5000 - Masters - No critique requested
7000 - ASP Masters - Critique requested
8000 - ASP Masters - no Critique requested
9000 - Electronic Imaging

Jackie_Haggerty
04-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Erin- I'm in the same boat, but it wasn't a server issue, it was a procrastination one! :)

Erin_L._Clark
04-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Erin- I'm in the same boat, but it wasn't a server issue, it was a procrastination one! :)

haha- yah, but to be SO close to midnight and get it in- what a bummer. Did you get yours in at least?

Erin_L._Clark
04-29-2011, 04:35 AM
btw, where is the IPC judged at?

Rick_Massarini
04-29-2011, 05:13 AM
The Judging will be at the Gwinnett Technical College in Lawrenceville, GA. June 11-16 (or the 17th or 18th - depending on the number of entries this year). The start date is firm - the ending date is still floating... Setup day is Saturday 6/11 with the judging actually starting on Sunday morning 6/12.

Heather_L._Smith
04-29-2011, 05:17 AM
btw, where is the IPC judged at?

Here in Georgia, just outside of Atlanta. I'll be there working crew with Rick again this year - can't wait!!

I decided a week ago that I would buy myself two more weeks of procrastination and just pay the late fee. I'm hoping it pays off :)

Heather_L._Smith
04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Clearly, I took way too long to type...Rick beat me to it!

Rick_Massarini
04-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Heather,
Looking forward to working with you again this year.
There was about a 25% increase in the number of entries this year at the District levels - so that could translate into a matching increase in entries at the IPC - that's why the end date is still open - this one could be a long one...

Heather_L._Smith
04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Heather,
Looking forward to working with you again this year.
There was about a 25% increase in the number of entries this year at the District levels - so that could translate into a matching increase in entries at the IPC - that's why the end date is still open - this one could be a long one...

Although, if a lot of that increase is digital entries, that's a lot fewer prints to sort in the sorting room! (although, I admit that I love the sorting room!)

Rick_Massarini
04-29-2011, 07:11 AM
It's definitely going to be an "interesting" week this year... with the addition of the digital, and the changes in work flow, we can expect to be "flying by the seat of our pants" a bit...

vivido
05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
very sad...

Sarah_Johnston
05-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Rick you will adapt well. You always do!! You ROCK the sorting room!!! Oh how many helpers do you need to set up that room on Sat?

Rick_Massarini
05-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Ya gotta go with the flow... who knows how things are going to roll...
We always try to set up all the judging rooms first and that sorting area last - I've sent Colleen a diagram of the area as we've arranged it the last two years, so it should be pretty easy to set up. Last year we had abut 4 of the students helping set up the area so it was set up pretty quickly. I started handling that sorting area since it was the job that nobody wanted to do - but it had to be done -the surest way to lose a volunteer for the following year was to sentence them to the sorting room for the whole week - it's worse than being in hollywood... now we rotate people through so it's not bad anymore...