PDA

View Full Version : How do you submit a digital album?

JohnHeckler
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
So I have a digital multi-maker wedding album I am trying to submit as my 4th and final entry to IPC and currently cannot complete the registration process because the upload process won't take my zip file.

Has anyone else run into this?

I followed all the instructions given to resize long size to 4000, etc, renamed 01.jpg, etc, zipped it up, named the zip file with ppa# and album title, etc, etc, but the upload process gets the following error (see screenshot attachment).

Mark_G_Woods
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
My album was only 38.3 zipped and it worked fine. Apparently there is a file size limit in the upload process. I would call PPA. I called yesterday with a question. I got a call center, but they helped me through the process just fine. I bet you are not the only one to encounter this.

Keith_A_Howe
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
John, I think the file size limit is bigger for an album then for a print. Did you indicate it was an album? Could that be the issue?

Keith

JohnHeckler
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I did indicate it was a multi-maker digital album ... followed all the instructions on files sizes, however, interestingly, for digital albums, there really isn't any instructions that I could find dealing specifically with file size other than to make the long side 4000px. No guideline/rule wrt dpi, so I followed the digital print guideline of 200dpi. The zip file size is ~80MB, so it is likely the issue, but I can only imagine there has to be many digital albums in that range from a file size perspective. It was 24 spreads ...

I called the number they gave for assistance and am in their queue for receiving help ... I am hoping they will accept my entry without assessing the late fee ...

The other thing I find interesting is that there are no instructions around what to do when you do have a digital multi-maker album ... seems silly to have both makers upload the entire album. If there was a way to indicate or handle that, it certainly wasn't obvious to me.

Keith_A_Howe
04-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Did you watch this tutorial? The album one is the second one down on the page.

http://www.ppa.com/competitions/tutorials.php

Holly & I had a multimaker album for district. I don't think we had to upload it a second time when we were doing Holly's case but I don't remember. I know we didn't have to upload it again today as it was sealed.

Keith

Mark_G_Woods
04-28-2011, 01:02 AM
John-
You'll only upload the album once. It does ask you to put in the PPA#'s for the other makers when you are filling in the entry info. The ppi doesn't make a difference. You're dealing only with pixels (4000xwhatever). I wonder if you try a different software to zip the album, if that would make any difference.
-Mark