PDA

View Full Version : Int'l entry process - What DID I enter?

ShooterCL
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I have a seal from the Southwest competition. Digital entry. I open the entry form for the upcoming International and there is my entry already to go. Excellent. BUT I want to enter three more as prints. I am seeing no way to indicate that the digital entry stays, but the three additional entries are prints.

As I continue through the pages, I keep looking for a way to differentiate, but if it is there, I never see it. When asked to upload the thumbnail of the entry, it wants the full-size 4000 pixel version! I was sure that last year the thumbnail was a small file. But the directions were clear - 4000px.

So it appears that if one entry is a digital, you are trapped into ALL digital. It is not a huge deal - I already had the prints done - but I sure do not want to send in prints if I really entered digital. Even if that is not what I wanted to do.

A well-designed system would give you a summary of what you have entered -not just a name, but what medium. And then give you a chance to correct anything. I was just told I paid $95.00. Well...at least I can save shipping costs. :-) But I LIKE prints.

So my question - is there a contact that would be able to tell me what the system thinks I entered? There are no phone numbers anywhere. Other than the national office, and I would guess nobody there is going to know.

Keith_A_Howe
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Call the PPA and ask for Collen Sweeney. She will know or will find out. Yes you can enter one as a digital file and the rest as prints.

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Sure hope so...because that's what I have. And need to get mine done and sent out of here.

ShooterCL
04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Thank you Keith! I thought you might be a guy that knew who to call.

Jeff_Dachowski
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
When you enter three more entries, dont you need to name them etc? If so, you should have a drop down to choose physical print or file.
Jeff

ShooterCL
04-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Well Jeff, I did name them, but if there was a drop-down, it was not apparent. And if there was a drop down that was not checked, the system should know it is an incomplete entry. I just typed the name in the space. Of course the system does not allow you to go back and check. Once you are done, you are DONE. The system does not allow us to correct anything and they make that very clear.
Most every shopping site gives you a summary of what you have done before there is any commitment. Might be nice if our registration did that for dolts like me.
It is not a huge deal - if I have all digital entries, I can certainly live with it.
I come out of the aviation industry - a lot of work in aviation safety - and we know that if something can be done incorrectly, it WILL.