PDA

View Full Version : Image Submit Question

danarm7
04-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Say I did a series of mini-sessions on one day. Entirely different clients taking up 9 different 1/2 slots in one day. May I use images from the different time slots that day? Or no go? Thanks!

danarm7
04-19-2011, 03:17 AM
1/2 hour slots -----not 1/2 slots - my apologies.

Heather_L._Smith
04-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Dana - ultimately you're the only one who can answer if your mini sessions meet the criteria (different events, different clients, different jobs), but I would caution that you really want to make sure (assuming you decide these mini sessions meet the criteria), that your set of 20 images shows a good variety of skill sets across the work you do. Do you feel these sessions show a solid cross section of your work? Do they show variety? Remember, it's about showing the very very best of what you do.

danarm7
04-19-2011, 03:42 AM
I am nervous because I am a strictly natural light shooter. I don't have a studio or strobes. I hope the natural light variety is sufficient for the judges. (I am dreading this protfolio review).

Heather_L._Smith
04-19-2011, 03:48 AM
Doesn't matter if you're natural light, studio light, candle light or flashlight... It's about what you do with it :)

You need to show control and forethought in your images and make sure, without question, that they are your very very best. It's not about how quickly they can be pulled together, either, it's about quality. Have you posted any in the anonymous critique gallery yet?

danarm7
04-19-2011, 03:51 AM
No I have not. How do I do it anonymously, since my name is attached to all my posts? I guess I need to take the time to search this forum more!

I am in a rush, so to speak. I was originally going to wait until the next round, but figured I'd get these in and get some feedback before they tighten the reigns in June.

danarm7
04-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Ah, I do see the anonymous submit parameters. Ugh.....so nervous.

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-19-2011, 03:56 AM
All my CPP submissions - the first one and for HS Senior Specialty, were of natural-light portraits.

danarm7
04-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Did you utilize a reflector/diffuser in your images, Cassandra? I did not use it in about 2/3 of them.

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Did you utilize a reflector/diffuser in your images, Cassandra? I did not use it in about 2/3 of them.

Maybe not every one, but unless the light is absolutely perfect I usually need to use something.